Valued Contributor

Re: The Artist Known As Prince Has Died

@Laura14 wrote:

I don't have enough tissues at work!  This is so unprofessional but this man's music was my life as a teenager.  Purple Rain was so inspirational to this kid from a broken home who learned you didn't have to be or follow your parents' mistakes from that movie.  You could make your own life, with music or whatever passion you had.    

Prince, you and your music will be so missed!  HeartSmiley Sad

Purple Rain, the movie and the song, were phenomenal.  I am shocked and so very sad that we have lost this incredible artist.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I don't have enough tissues at work!  This is so unprofessional but this man's music was my life as a teenager.  Purple Rain was so inspirational to this kid from a broken home who learned you didn't have to be or follow your parents' mistakes from that movie.  You could make your own life, with music or whatever passion you had.    

@Laura14, Purple Rain is a movie I have watched at least once a year since it came out. When Doves Cry is one of my all time favorite songs. I know there are many of his songs that are more well known but that song spoke to my heart. So sad right now. Sending My GH bud a hug!

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Trusted Contributor

RIP Prince... You truly made the world a better place.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14, Purple Rain is a movie I have watched at least once a year since it came out. When Doves Cry is one of my all time favorite songs. I know there are many of his songs that are more well known but that song spoke to my heart. So sad right now. Sending My GH bud a hug!

@Tique @Buckaroo2  Passing the tissues and the hugs  Heart....Prince made it okay to be different.  And, wow, does the world need that right now.  And great music!  Thank goodness he was so prolific.  

Esteemed Contributor

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

Honored Contributor

This is MOST shocking!  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

RIP Prince! 

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday was National Record Store Day.  He went to The Electric Fetus to buy CDs to support the store.  That is just the kind of person he was, a community supporter.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

Wonder what kind of doctor?  Heart congestion should be hard to miss imo.

Honored Contributor

I never quite understood why he went to being known as "the symbol" and "the artist formerly known as Prince" but it just did not matter his music was wonderful.  That voice was incredible.  I had no ideal he lived in Minn.

Rest in peace, Prince.   Drive that Red Corvette in heaven.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."