Honored Contributor

Re: The Artist Known As Prince Has Died

[ Edited ]

I just got an e-mail from CNN that said that "someone" on Prince's estate had died.  They said they weren't announcing the name until the next of kin were notified.  I'm watching it now, and they aren't discussing it.  I hope it's not true, although it sounds like it is.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.

Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed.

The singer -- full name Prince Rogers Nelson -- had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Prince’s body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning, April 21st.

The singer — full name Prince Rogers Nelson — had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

Prior to his most recent appearance however, Prince had cancelled two shows due to health concerns.

Sounds like a heart problem.........

Valued Contributor

CNN reports that a death at Prince's estate is being investigated, but they're not releasing the identity of the deceased at this time.

Be interesting if TMZ got the information first - I'm usually pretty leary of the schlock press.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

We'll just have to wait and see......how many times have we seen healthy people drop dead?  They work too hard get sick/ an infection goes to the heart and or lungs...and poof! You're dead.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

His legacy in the music world is tremendous.

Honored Contributor

I knew he had some health issues recently including speculation why he stopped at the Moline airport/hospital as he was so close to his home in MN but never thought whatever it was that was ailing him would take him like this . . . what a shock!

Such a loss as I always enjoyed his music very much . . . Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's being carried by more than one news outlet. Interesting that his protege Vanity, also 57, died in February of this year. Prince to me is one of the most creative artists to emerge from the 80's on. His Minneapolis Sound was new and fresh and instantly recognizable as the Priince sound and beat. So young with so many years of creativity left in his life. 

Respected Contributor

That's too bad.   I've never liked his videos but I consider him one of the most talented musicians I've ever listened to.   

RIP

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I just heard it reported on our local 24/7 news.  He recently had flu, then was hospitalized for pneumonia, but it's not known if related to his death.

He truly was an "artist".  They don't make music like that anymore.