Honored Contributor

The 25th Anniversary of Princess Diana’s Tragic Death - Where Were You?

I was cleaning up in the kitchen and hand washing some dishes when DH came in and told me. We immediately turned on the TV. We both sat and watched the coverage.

It seemed like a nightmare to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: The 25th Anniversary of Princess Diana’s Tragic Death - Where Were You?

I was at a family function and we were watching television when a newsbreak came on stating that Princess Diana had died. What shocked me was that she died in a car accident. I thought how could that happen with all the security she had.
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I was at a family function and we were watching television when a newsbreak came on stating that Princess Diana had died. What shocked me was that she died in a car accident. I thought how could that happen with all the security she had.

@lgfan 

I thought the same thing ... certainly with security and she must have been in a solid car ... how could this happen? 

I just couldn't believe it.   It was truly surreal .... RIP Diana.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

@lgfan 

I thought the same thing ... certainly with security and she must have been in a solid car ... how could this happen? 

I just couldn't believe it.   It was truly surreal .... RIP Diana.

@Tinkrbl44 

I don't see how Security could protect someone from being killed in a car.  Security can't shoot the car and make it stop.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hard to believe that had she lived, Diana would be 61 years old.  How she would have loved her grandchildren. 

I was at home watching tv when her passing was reported.

Honored Contributor

DD and I were in Memphis for the weekend and when we returned to our room that evening, turned on the TV and saw what happened.

My reaction was disbelief, shock and numbness. This can't be.

Valued Contributor

We were at Hersheypark amusement park, and Peter Noone was doing a concert. When we got home I saw the car , And couldn't figure out what it was at first. Devastating! The

Respected Contributor

I had a newborn so I was in bed early that night.  I got up later than usual the next morning because my DD slept late.  When I turned on the TV it was all over the news.

Honored Contributor

I'm not even sure where I was when I heard this.  It was such a shock.  It made me stop and think about all these times when bad news came over the lines.  So sad to think of all those we've lost to these type of tragedies.  Where does the time go?  That was such a shame.  

Honored Contributor

My husband and I were home watching tv,