Honored Contributor

Re: Thankyou From My USPS Letter Carrier

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I left a little bag of candy and a card in my mailbox for my letter carrier today.  Just went to get my mailbox and amongst the mailwas a thankyou card from him.  Ahhh, he didn’t have to do that!  EF113B0C-5E87-4260-A36D-952450B3A7D2.jpeg

Better manners than some family members !

@QVCkitty1 . I agree that he didn't have to do that but I think it's nice to know that he did in fact recieve it. 

I gave mine an Amazon gift card (I have an online business and he comes up to my porch to pick up & drop off packages several times a week).  I called to be sure that he was scheduled to work his shift yesterday just to be sure there wasn't a sub.

I was glad to get the thank you card too!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I received a thank you post card from my mail carrier today too.  Mine is a bit different.  It says, "Thank you from your mail carrier" but it's a post cart with a colored image of a mailbox on the front. 

Does USPS just give them out?  I have no idea but maybe they are encouraged to purchase them from USPS since mine was different than the OP's.

@haddon9.  I did a Google search and there are many thank you notes like you describe for sale at stores.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shawnie  Every year I give a gift to my mail carrier ($$$$) and every year I get a thank you note just like that which ticks me off.  The USPS raises postage every January yet it looks to me like those thank you notes "from your letter carrier" are given to them by the USPS (I may be wrong - maybe the carriers purchase them but I doubt it) at, I assume, taxpayer expense.  So yes, I get one of those and I think my carrier should have used his own thank you notes that he purchase at Hallmark or some place.   

WOW, get a grip!!!!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I received a thank you post card from my mail carrier today too.  Mine is a bit different.  It says, "Thank you from your mail carrier" but it's a post cart with a colored image of a mailbox on the front. 

Does USPS just give them out?  I have no idea but maybe they are encouraged to purchase them from USPS since mine was different than the OP's.

@haddon9.  I did a Google search and there are many thank you notes like you describe for sale at stores.

@proudlyfromNJ . Good to know....I'm sure they purchase them to have on hand to thank people for gifts!

Honored Contributor

I have got those. It's very nice.

Honored Contributor

I always get a thank you note from the regular carrier, don't care where he gets it from. Sometimes it's the only thank you note I get for Christmas gifts. That reminds me, I need to mail a thank you note tomorrow. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shawnie  Every year I give a gift to my mail carrier ($$$$) and every year I get a thank you note just like that which ticks me off.  The USPS raises postage every January yet it looks to me like those thank you notes "from your letter carrier" are given to them by the USPS (I may be wrong - maybe the carriers purchase them but I doubt it) at, I assume, taxpayer expense.  So yes, I get one of those and I think my carrier should have used his own thank you notes that he purchase at Hallmark or some place.   

@PearleeMy husband worked as a mail carrier and the post office never gave them thank-you cards. We bought our own. Also, mail carriers are not suppose to except cash. They can get in trouble for taking a cash gift.

Frequent Contributor

My husband is a mailman ! I can't assure you that he gets his own thank you card and I personally purchased xmas cards for him to give to his customers that also give him a gift ! Taxpayers money ? Hardly ! Let's give them a little recognition for working rain or snow and that's not an easy job to do ! 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

The Post Office does not give these Thank you's to the carriers, they purchase them and they aren't cheap.   Also the Post Office does not use any taxpayer money as it is TOTALLY self supported.  Hopefully this eases your troubled mind.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We give a monetary tip because of the package delivery.

While a thank you note is good manners, I dont give w/the idea of getting one. I give because I want to.

If you dont like the type of thank you, then don't give-simple.