Valued Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving, the Holiday That...

. . . makes me even more thankful when someone else agrees to host the dinner at their place.

Honored Contributor

....makes me wonder why when turkeys are available all year, delicious, healthy (w/o the gravy & skin), but we only cook it once a year. 

Honored Contributor

not in my house.  i love turkey and have it here for all sorts of things. @Shanus

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

not in my house.  i love turkey and have it here for all sorts of things. @Shanus

@qualitygal  Here as well. I make turkey breasts almost as often as a roast chicken. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  twins   lol

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is the ONLY true American Holiday that is not shared by any other countries.

I find it sad that we only celebrate it with family when back in the day it was shared with the whole community.  (It would be a little more than hard to do that today.)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

The holiday that usually gets ignored in the midst of the Christmas shopping push from September forward.  To me, it's one of our most important for what it represents .... and, oh, yah, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, cranberries, sweet potatoes, pie.....  

Let's raise a toast to elastic-waist pants!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I am Canadian but have lived here for 18 years.Thanksgiving for me is a time to reflect on my life and eat turkey with family.The Canadian way has much less fanfare.I love being in the USA with all of the ceremonial celebrations.

The first few years of our life here I was amazed by all of the excitement created over any event.Back to school for my son...cheerleaders,band,bbqs homecoming,dances.Every occasion to decorate ..people do.We only decorated for Christmas. Football games with tailgating and fabulous food.I have been here long enough now that I can’t remember what all of the things were that excited me so much....they are my way of life now.I am thankful to live in and experience this wonderful country and with all of you.Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Respected Contributor

Fond memories of when our Children were young, Mom, Dad, two Sisters....  We all lived within 10 miles, "So We Were All Together." Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey