Respected Contributor

Image may contain: bird and text

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't read "doomsday," but I would appreciate it if people would listen to what the vast majority of experts have to say.

A lot of these "experts" have been proved false.

@Hoovermom, no.

And when 90+ percent of scientists agree, we should take heed, rather than trot out those who have tried to debunk and failed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't read "doomsday," but I would appreciate it if people would listen to what the vast majority of experts have to say.

@suzyQ3

Agreed.  And it's not too difficult to understand that these storms are going to get larger and stronger because the temps of the water are fueling them, temps that are warming.

I don't see how that's "hype".

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Oznell

Me too... thankful. And it appears to me that the directions of the authorities were well thought-out and protected very many.

Been through many hurricane s.  This was the best coverage e and preparation I have ever seen.  They were taking evacuees and pets up to midnight!  Thousands worked the shelters.  No body needed to be in harm's way.  Some people just will not follow instructions.  We were prepared a d some shelters did not fill up!

People can be stubborn!

Honored Contributor

Undoubtedly many lives were saved, both 2 and 4-legged, BECAUSE of the extensive news coverage/information, and the tireless efforts of those in charge of so many municipalities to help get living beings out of harm's way.

I applaud their efforts.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I guess everyone isn't as thankful....I was just watching the news, and a woman was complaining that no one came to help her today.....really?!  A day after the hurricane......pleezz.  I was so upset at this woman......I went through a couple of hurricanes with no government help.....I cleaned up my own mess and waited a week for the power to be restored.....she sounded so ungrateful......she should be grateful to be alive.....can you tell how "spun-up" I am........can't wait for the constant coverage to be over......

@nana59 I saw a guy complaining today about it. It's been a day and if they're already out of food and water they didn't prepare well and should have left. Seems like some people think the government is like a superhero swooping in to save the day. He even complained about Houston and said they got help. Yeh regular people were out helping each other. My kids were stuck in their condo because the first floor was flooded along with their cars. A relative went and got them out. Maybe instead of complaining he should be happy he's alive. It really got under my skin. I've lived for 10 days during Ike  where no one came in to do anything and because I prepared I survived and did well. 

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom  Really? 

Because Stephen Hawking just gave a speech on global warming in July-

“We are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible,”

Has he been proven false?? 

Just one example and I'm just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom, no.

And when 90+ percent of scientists agree, we should take heed, rather than trot out those who have tried to debunk and failed.

@suzyQ3:  You think what you want, and I will think what I want.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has run its course.