Regular Contributor

What are your thoughts on pre-printed thank you notes? Maybe I am old fashioned and like hand written thank you notes. I recently received a printed thank you, no written signature from my niece for her son's baptism gift. My other niece did the same thing for her wedding.

Honored Contributor

Preferable to no ThankYou note.

Esteemed Contributor

Be thankful you even received a Thank You Note whether written or printed.  Not many do so today.  Does seem like a use of paper (made of a precious resource) for something like that is probably unnecessary now.  We can call others and say thanks. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you, JerseyGirl.  I don't think it's asking too much for someone to take the time to write out a thank you note.  And, if you must use a pre-printed thank you, I think the person should at least write out their name and maybe jot a quick line about how much they appreciate the gift.  I guess the only good thing you can say here is that it was better than an e-mail or text.  

Esteemed Contributor

Are you kidding??? Tacky and Lazy, that's what I think. Maybe you should have given them a preprinted gift? What is wrong with people??? The writing of Thank You notes is a lost art. I still get calls from people thanking me for the creative thank you note I wrote after they did something incredibly awesome. Dumbing down of each generation. Doesn't anyone younger than 40 ever feel what gratitude is???

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Be happy you received any kind of thank you...I can't begin to tell how many gifts I have given to never get so much as a text to say thank you....many gifts that were shipped and I have no idea if the gift arrived....I'd be glad for a preprinted thank you note....to none at all....

Honored Contributor

I have gotten to the point where I don't want to send "gifts". Thank you cards is definitely a lost art. 

Respected Contributor

I am old school and preprinted notes show no thought or effort. The new trend when going to a shower is having a table set up as you go in so you can address the preprinted thank you note that is going to be sent to you. All they have to do is slap a stamp and go to the post office. I was also once sent a text message thank you. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thank You notes

[ Edited ]

Be thankful you received a Thank You note.  My close friends & I are all in our 60s & our group does nothing but e-mail thank-yous, not even phone calls - we thank them when we receive the gift & follow up with e-mail.  I don't need my friends to have to spend almost half a dollar to mail a note. (Also, USPS rarely does 1 day delivery of mail in the same city here now, it's usually 2-3 days.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank You notes

[ Edited ]

I'm appreciative to get ANY kind of TY note these days. That being said, definitely prefer hand-written! The pre-printed ones scream "tacky" to me. My mother would absolutely die if I sent pre-printed ones! It literally takes maybe 5 minutes - tops - to write, address, and stamp a TY card.