Valued Contributor

Re: Thank You, QVC, For Making Me Shop Elsewhere

I personally dont find online shopping any fun. I would much rather enjoy going to the stores, feeling the materials, trying on the items and seeing what it looks and feels like. I enjoy the whole process. I agree with the other poster that I only buy things on Q that i cannot find elsewhere. As far as clothing items go, other stores do have much better quality at a lower cost most of the times. Its sad to see so many big department stores closing down due to the online shoppers. Here in midwest area, Carsons went out of business, another macys close to where i live is also closing down. Its sad to see that because these are anchor stores that bring in a lot of business as well as keeping up the lively hood for many people. Shopping outside is a fun experience, people should try it out. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

Yes I agree for me with clothes & shoes I need to go to the store, love looking & feeling the product but some elderly people or some live way out in the country don't have the time or physical ability to jump in a car & go. Even with a family with young children just dragging them in a store running around isn't fun either. On line shopping is huge, we see so many stores closing down because they can't keep up with on line. The mall is getting so empty & not really fun to shop especially around holiday times. Grocery stores now on line with delivery or go & order is ready just pull up and pay. To eat at a restaurant may go down so many have the meals delivered. It's what people choose. 

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

I personally dont find online shopping any fun. I would much rather enjoy going to the stores, feeling the materials, trying on the items and seeing what it looks and feels like. I enjoy the whole process. I agree with the other poster that I only buy things on Q that i cannot find elsewhere. As far as clothing items go, other stores do have much better quality at a lower cost most of the times. Its sad to see so many big department stores closing down due to the online shoppers. Here in midwest area, Carsons went out of business, another macys close to where i live is also closing down. Its sad to see that because these are anchor stores that bring in a lot of business as well as keeping up the lively hood for many people. Shopping outside is a fun experience, people should try it out. 

@mintedrose   Yes, the "V" for Value in QVC's name is no longer the case, sadly.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I guess my “luck” is perhaps running out with HSN as far as returns go...I just found out today that I was given “flex cash (?)” instead of a $ refund on my last return. So....🙄

ETA: I was wrong...HSN not only refunded my first payment, but also issued SPENDABLE KASH of $5.

I have never been a big “returner” there.

@LTT1, if you have an HSN charge card, when you use the return label they provide, they give you a $5.00 spendable cash credit on returns up to I believe 6 times per year. 

If you don't have an HSN charge card, you pay the full label return fee, no $5.00 credit. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee 

I’m happy for you!

I also feel compelled to add...

which store does not charge s/h costs on returns?

Haven’t heard of any...

@LTT1, most stores charge for s/h on a return if they charge s/h to send it to you.  Even if the s/h to you is free, there is often a return charge.  

And I don't know of any store other than HSN that refunds original s/h.  

evine returned mine the other day. i was pleasantly pleased.

@kittyloo, I made a return to Evine that was credited to my account last week.  I cannot figure out what they did but they refunded the original purchase price and the tax. I was not refunded the $4.99 s/h charge.  However, I was not charged the return label fee.    

Contributor

I only buy shoes from Zoooops. Free shipping both ways, great customer service.

Honored Contributor

I can’t seem to figure out Koh’ls website. I can’t zoom in on items or look at anything but thumbnails even though it says it will enlarge....I rarely go there but DH really likes their polo shirts because they don’t have logos on them....he won’t wear anything with a logo....
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

oh Pearly I hear you shoes and handbags, especially shoes.  I wear a lot of Earth and Earthies.  I have purchased them for 20 years at Nordie or online.  I still buy Earthies at a couple online sites because the FIT.  i know for a fact the shoes QVC gets from Earth, mainly the TSV are nor the usual quality, or sizing.  it cost 8.95 shipping to me, back to them twice!  I don't know if anyone remembers last year Earthies had a sandal on TSV.  they were so cute.  I had to exchange them 3 times!  i wear a 9.  I wound up getting a 6.5!!!  then last winter I get a letter from QVC admitting they had a sizing issue on the sandals and Earthies wanted to make it right and they refunded me shipping on all the shipping.  the reviews were awful, not one person had a good fitting.  they must have got thousands and thousands of returns.  earthies investigated, and the manufacture made an error.

I have actually bought a shoe somewhere else, and then see same shoe on qvc in a great color not offered elsewhere.  i order it and the lining is a little  different, the sewing is a little off and it fits different.  same shoe, brand and size.

but I think this happens a lot.many times I see a shoe on QVC ad then go to nordie, zappos or amazon and buy them.  handbags are a mixed bag, lol.  the colors are always off.  sometimes so bad, its another color.  especially beige, tans and browns!  they don't often demonstrate them well.  they fail to show all the details.  just stand there and yap about going to lunch, the kids and how our friends will be so envious, and how we will be Madison avenue.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

Nordstrom
Respected Contributor

We have an outlet shopping center in our town with a Skechers store.  I'm very glad I can actually try them on before purchasing!  My usual size is 8 1/2 narrow, when I can find narrow widths.  I sat in the store and tried numerous shoes, some fit in my size, others didn't.  It was definitely hit and miss.  Since I had to settle for medium width, I was glad that the styles were good with socks!  Buying shoes online is a real gamble!