Honored Contributor

Thank You, QVC, For Making Me Shop Elsewhere

[ Edited ]

So....since we do not get our S&H charges back if we return an item (unless the product is defective), with rare exceptions such as lunchtime specials and free S&H days, I have stopped buying handbags and shoes from QVC.  There is no way I want to possibly waste $10-$12 to see if I like a handbag, or $5.50 to try on shoes which are difficult to fit for me due to a bunion.

Recently, when A304731, a Skechers shoe to wear in water, was a LTS and I think had free S&H too, I purchased it in the pink and absolutely love it (I mostly wear Skechers).   A few days ago, Q introduced a new H2Go shoe, A350927, and I wanted it in black but didn't want to pay the $5.50 if I didn't like it for some reason when I tried it on (it's a slightly different style than the one I bought).   

So....I decided to go to our Skechers store in town here to try them on, not even being sure whether it had the same shoe.  The store is a bit far from my home, and also in a shopping district that is always soooo crowded it's hard to get around, let alone find a parking space, so I rarely shop there (it's a big tourist attraction too).   

But I went last night and am sooooo happy I did.  Yes, it had the exact same shoe and I'm so glad I tried it on, because it fits larger than the style I bought from Q and had to go down a size (there are no half sizes).  The store also almost always has a sale of some kind going on and it was "buy one pair of shoes, get a second for 50% off) so I also bought a super cute pair of sandals with a blingy (crystals) strap across the front -- love, love, love these.  I'd seen them at DSW but my size was gone (at two DSW stores) so I was thrilled to get these and my second pair on the sale.  DSW carries some Skechers but nowhere near the selection at a Skechers store.

The QVC H2Go shoes cost $2 more at the Skechers store ($39.00) but  they were the second pair on which I got the 50% off --- and of course no S&H charges!  And I got to try the shoes on which enabled me to get the right size.  And ohhhhh - the selection of Skechers!  I was like a kid in a [shoe] candy store!  

I need to go there more often.  It's worth the bad parking situation to get great deals on a fantastic assortment of Skechers.  So thanks, QVC, for driving me away from purchasing Skechers from you! I got two pair of really useful Skechers for $73.64 including the tax.   That's $37 for each pair.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank You, QVC, For Making Me Shop Elsewhere

You go girl.

Honored Contributor

It feels great to find a good deal!

I don't go to stores too often but I really should.  Recently I bought three really cute tees from Chicos for 40% off plus an additional 5% for being a passport member....you almost never see deals like this at the Q unless it's a lunchtime special and then it's usually older merchandise.  The whole store at Chicos was on sale!

Honored Contributor

My personal "rule" is only buy stuff at QVC that I can't get elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I agree and since 99% of the stuff QVC sells can be found elsewhere and usually cheaper ----

Honored Contributor

I'm a Sketchers fan too, especially the Go Walk ones. I have six or seven pairs. The S&H has decided me against ordering a lot of the time. I like shopping at B&M stores but that can be a bit costly since I buy more then I would have online. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm a Sketchers fan too, especially the Go Walk ones. I have six or seven pairs. The S&H has decided me against ordering a lot of the time. I like shopping at B&M stores but that can be a bit costly since I buy more then I would have online. 

@occasionalrain   Not so much in their brick and mortar stores, but Kohl's has a huge selection of Skechers online, and there are always sales and coupons going on.  I've gotten quite a few from Kohl's (usually you can pick up in-store from an online purchase and not pay any S&H, or order at a kiosk in the store and also not pay any S&H.  I've gotten them at really great prices using coupons and Kohl's Kash.

Respected Contributor

OK, I'm not happy with some of the things QVC does but having to pay to send something back is not unusual.  Why should QVC pay because you decided you didn't like something.  If the shoes or clothing doesn't fit, that is not their fault.  If you have a special kind of foot or body that you need to fit into something specifically, you should probably not shop on TV or online.  Please understand that I have problems with QVC too and I don't like paying shipping to send something back to them, but that is something I do because I don't want to go out to the mall.  There are conveniences I put up with just so I can stay home. 

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee  Congrats on your shoe finds, but I really scored yesterday at a really big shoe store near me.  We had time to kill before his doctor's appointment.  I got 4 pair of dress sandals.  New Balance, Sketchers, Trotters, and a pair of Italian made leather wedges.  Grand total....$86.20    Add to this a pair of Easy Street I got from Amazon for a whopping $14.98 plus free shipping.  5 pairs of shoes for $112.00   Yesss!!!

This shoe store carries all the brands QVC does and their normal prices are much higher than QVC's, but it was my lucky day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Thanks, I was unaware. I seldom shop at Kohls; the one near me is overwhelming and the layout is confusing. I hadn't thought to look online.