Honored Contributor

I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind and caring messages to my wife and myself with our loss of Cruiser. 

We have all of our furry ones cremated to keep part of them with us. That is done via the Rainbow Bridge program through our Humane Society. They just called to verify all the information sent them by our vet along with Cruiser's remains.

Needless to say going from a home at one time, with 13 indoor only felines, down to now 3! It now seems so empty as one by one we have had to let them all cross The Bridge.

Cruiser's mother, Tiny, doesn't yet understand why he is no longer there with her. Just a few months ago she had Cruiser and the 2 sisters we lost recently to keep her company. I don't know what exactly to expect now with her losing her son. 

She is just a little over 6 months older than Cruiser. Tiny came from a litter of 6 that were born somewhere on our property. I managed to humanely trap the other 5 and have them fixed. But Tiny was the smartest and was not easy to get her to fall for the trap. By the time we took her to our vet? Oops, too late she was with litter, of which she left us with 8.

Tiny is close to 19 and she also has the kidney issue, so we also give her an IV Drip of fluids. Our other 2 are younger, with Toby being about 11 and Jasper about 7 or 8. All 3 of our remaining felines are all black. Lily, our canine, is white with a hint of tan.

Again, I appreciate the time/thought and caring of every one of you. Thank you from my wife, and myself.  ♥️♥️

hckynuts(both)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

I'm so sorry to hear this.  It never gets easier.  The only way I can look at this is now you and your wife have some extra love to share with the others.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@hckynut   I must have missed your original post. I'm so sorry about the loss of Cruiser. ...Cute name by the way. It's always difficult to lose a pet and takes awhile to grieve. 

Sympathies to you and your wife.

Shanus

Respected Contributor

@hckynut , I too missed your original post. So sorry for the loss of your beloved Cruiser. I know the pain you are going thru as do a lot of us here. Take care and just remember what a beautiful life he had with you and keep him in your heart always.

Valued Contributor

@hckynut  I was so sorry to hear about Cruiser.  It never gets easier.  Please take care of yourselves and remember the good times with Cruiser.

Honored Contributor

Blessings to you all.  Hoping for a brighter future!Smiley Happy

Take care John.

Respected Contributor

John, I, too, missed your original post.  So sorry to hear about Cruiser.  He is up there now with our dear @Preds raising H E double hockey sticks and taking it easy.  My best to you and the misses, I know how bad this hurts.  You gave them all a great and long life and they all knew they were loved.

All the best, my friend

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, I'm very sorry about the loss of you sweet cat, Cruiser. I can about imagine how you miss your cats, going from 13 to 3. We have gone from 4 dogs to 2. The house has a different feel to it now. 

Your pets have been very blessed to have you and your wife. I know they have had a wonderful home and known a lot of love. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Heart  Heart   Heart

Respected Contributor

I lost my Charlie 3 weeks ago. He was only 5 years old and died on the way to the emergency vet. Haven't much felt like posting here since then. 

I am so sorry for your loss. You, your wife, and your remaining kitties are in my thoughts.