Honored Contributor

Re: Texting can be hazardous to your health.

We've heard of a few dental hygenists who had to retire/quit early because of carpel tunnel.  Very hard on the hand joints/tendons/whatevers.  Repetitive motion, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Talking with someone other than face to face? I still have and use a thing called a telephone where you can actually hearnthe voice of the person with which you sre communicatin. Next there is still the very fast way of communicating called e-mail, choice #3. And last if all the above fail? There is the good ole USPS.

Texting?   Someone is serious about communicating with me?  Safe guard you health and don't waste your time as it will be only you typing to yourself.

Right up there, in my opinion, with the dumbest thing to do as a form of communicating(?) with anyone.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Birdmama:  I do believe that the mom is right!  It's probably a medical fact/conclusion, just as carpel tunnel was/is.  Repetitive overuse of certain hand and finger ligaments/ joints.  From a very early age.  Usually it happens after adults have been working (as adults) for many years.  But, now, young children are over-using those hand/finger ligaments/joints from early childhood.  So, just count from say, age five to twenty-five.  That's twenty years of repetition, from an early childhood age to a fairly early adult age. Not too good, long-term, health-wise, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the morning chuckleKitty laugh.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Birdmama:  I do believe that the mom is right!  It's probably a medical fact/conclusion, just as carpel tunnel was/is.  Repetitive overuse of certain hand and finger ligaments/ joints.  From a very early age.  Usually it happens after adults have been working (as adults) for many years.  But, now, young children are over-using those hand/finger ligaments/joints from early childhood.  So, just count from say, age five to twenty-five.  That's twenty years of repetition, from an early childhood age to a fairly early adult age. Not too good, long-term, health-wise, IMO.

Romary, you'd have to know this woman and hear her excuse for everything that her son does wrong to understand why I need an eye rolling emotie.

The kid was suspended from kindergarten for taking a steak knife to school and poking a girl with it.

She is one of those parents who invests no time with her kid, does not enforce any type of rules, doesn't do schoolwork with the kid.  She gives him what he wants, when he wants it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Birdmama:  Uh, oh...........(Emotion face that looks sad)  I understand your point..........

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I work with a lady who says her son doesn't have good penmenship because his muscles are underdeveloped for holding a pen or pencil.  She blames it on texting and playing video games.

I need an eye rolling emotie. 

Here you go Devilish.gif

hard eye roll.jpegdog-snickering.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

I work with a lady who says her son doesn't have good penmenship because his muscles are underdeveloped for holding a pen or pencil.  She blames it on texting and playing video games.

I need an eye rolling emotie. 

Here you go Devilish.gif

hard eye roll.jpegdog-snickering.gif

Wow, I just laughed out loud - for real.

This is priceless - thank you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I believe there will be sad consequences of over-using hands in this manner.

Respected Contributor

how much ya wanna bet that guy had to run back to his house and change due to a *cough cough* wardrobe malfunction .........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo