Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

There are Americans still on the island Saint Martin/Sint Maarten who can't get home because of Irma, is Jose threatening them as well?

HURRICANE JOSE FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER  18
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL       AL122017
ISSUED BY THE NWS WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD
2100 UTC SAT SEP 09 2017

CHANGES IN WATCHES AND WARNINGS WITH THIS ADVISORY...

THE GOVERNMENT OF ANTIGUA HAS DISCONTINUED THE TROPICAL STORM
WARNING FOR BARBUDA AND ANGUILLA.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR...
* ST. MARTIN
* SINT MAARTEN
* ST. BARTHELEMY
The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

So I heard that about Haiti.  Here's what I don't understand.  I remember so many people giving millions of dollars to Haiti.  I saw on TV people going there and rebuilding people's houses and so on and so on.

Here's my question?  What the hay happened to all of the money sent there?  What happened to the houses that were built and on and on?

I think I know, this is what I've read and heard on TV that their government is so crooked until they fix their government nothing is going to help.

It's really sad because (as always) it's the people that live there that suffer.  I wonder where it will (or if it ever will) end.  Who is ever going to REALLY help these people?

I remember watching celebrities (Guilliana's husband and his friends went there year after year rebuilding houses).  What happened to this?  You never get follow-ups on any of this.  These people donate their time and money and there is never a follow-up....it's like...here we go again...just wondering...

Trusted Contributor

This is so sideways to the thread------I am wondering about all these people that bought houses on the keys and the other islands..  I have been watching HGTV selling left and right and up and down.  As I watch, I think "HURRICANES" don't buy, don't buy!!!!

I am hoping the toll isn't that bad for the humans.-----tedEbear

Honored Contributor

I think they're now engaged in uninteresting, unglamorous "grunt" work.  Just hauling trash to the curb does not make for riveting TV viewing, plus there's another event to cover. Too much going on right now. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There is a program on A&E, I think, called "Insane Pools", where the guy builds big, fancy (and beautiful) swimming pools in Florida.

I wonder how his pools are going to hold up?

He's going to be busy afterwards.

My mistake. It's on Animal Planet.

Honored Contributor

I saw the title "Texas" and  wanted to take this opportunity to say a big "thank-you" to all those business men and women willing to give their employees time off to do volunteer work in Texas.

My grandson (he just graduated high school) wanted to go help as a volunteer but just started a new job several weeks ago.  When he asked the owner of the business he is working for if it would be possible, the owner said....YES...without even thinking about it!  "If it will help people" he said, "I'm all for it."  What a wonderful example that is to my grandson and to others.  So happy to know he is working for such a man. While I don't know this man personally, I do know he is known to be an honest business man....and now I also think of him as a compassionate man.

Honored Contributor

The US military has begun evacuating Americans stranded on Saint Marin/Sint Maarten but had to stop temporarily until Hurricane Jose passes through.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The US military has begun evacuating Americans stranded on Saint Marin/Sint Maarten but had to stop temporarily until Hurricane Jose passes through.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Highlighted
Contributor

I have heard thiings about the Red Cross that I didn't like. As a result I have always chosen to give to the Salvation Army. That's who I donated to this time along with the ASPCA as I hate to see animals suffer as well. Just IMHO.