Honored Contributor

I have not seen much on all the clean up ,and how the texas people are doing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I saw a brief segment on the news yesterday about a man from Rockport describing what the neighborhoods looked like in his city. He said he was a former soldier who saw bomb-stricken areas that looked just like what he was seeing in Rockport. He was giving his warning to the Floridians in Irma's path and he looked terribly emotional when he was looking at the camera...almost like he was going to burst into tears.

Valued Contributor

Texans are tough people.  They don't play the whine and blame game.  The majority of them pull up their big boy/girl pants and get to work helping themselves and others. they have my respect, donations, and support all the way.  Days will get better for them.

Honored Contributor

I think the news organizations, don't focus as much on the aftermath, as the storms themselves. Plus Irma is the new story.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

There is so little coverage of the Mexico earthquake.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I haven't seen any more stories concerning Barbuda either @tansy, how is everyone there coping with 90% of the island gone. Nothing being said about clean water, food and shelter or how to evacuate the year round residents.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

It's my impression that maybe the news crews are not covering the aftermaths of these catastrophic events from the ground because it might be too dangerous to venture into those areas right now. Rescue, recovery and clean-up operations are most likely in these areas in full force leaving no place for the news people to go and set up shop.

Honored Contributor

I just saw on FOX cable a woman being interviewed outside of her house (piles of trash next to her).

She and her fellow neighbors had just had a huge neighborhood block party.  They'd cooked hot dogs, hamburgers, etc, set up tables and helped each other clean up their houses.

That's how some are cleaning up their own communities.  There is only a shell left in some of these houses, yet they keep going.

Americans are amazing....

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@goldensrbest@SilleeMee@JaneMarple@tansy

Annabellethecat-- that person participating in the cookout for the neighborhood is our DDs friend. 

This group has been featured on national news... the pictures shown are in a prominent neighborhood. I am proud to know these people. They make me so proud!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I haven't seen any more stories concerning Barbuda either @tansy, how is everyone there coping with 90% of the island gone. Nothing being said about clean water, food and shelter or how to evacuate the year round residents.

Yes, Barbuda is practically gone. How are the people going to have any kind of shelter with Jose barrelling down on them next?