Honored Contributor

One suspect shot first at Deputy Almendarez.  This is confirmed by a security camera.

Almendarez had the right to defend himself by firing back, telling his family to run and take cover.

Amendarez was not about to just dial for help after being shot at.  I suppose he should have just stood there and let the thieves continue to fire at him.

Where some of you come up with your speculation is unbelievable.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

Your last sentence pretty well sum it up. I wrote another post, in this thread, where I had read only partial coverage of that event. I put up a 2nd post saying I didn't get what I said in my 1st post correct.

Wasn't meant to speculate, but that is what happens without knowing all, or most, of what actually happened. I tried my best to walk it back. You clarified it pretty well in your post here, exactly what happened, how/when and whom.

I thank you,

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Cakers3 

Your last sentence pretty well sum it up. I wrote another post, in this thread, where I had read only partial coverage of that event. I put up a 2nd post saying I didn't get what I said in my 1st post correct.

Wasn't meant to speculate, but that is what happens without knowing all, or most, of what actually happened. I tried my best to walk it back. You clarified it pretty well in your post here, exactly what happened, how/when and whom.

I thank you,

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Hi John:  Actually the speculation I referred to was about what people do not know about Texas and guns, but I thank you for your response, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh