Respected Contributor
My phone has call block on it. I hardly ever get those calls. They come up as scam and I hit block. Love it!
Honored Contributor

I have the call block with the red button. Just purchased a Panasonic phone set that has the call block button on the hand set- during the day- I keep the cordless next to my chair so I can reach it quickly. With both systems calls have decreased. Got upset the other day because a call came in using my number. Well so much for a non listed number. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

The spoofers are getting pretty brazen.  I don't pick-up local calls if I don't  recognize the number.  Today, the caller ID said "State Police."  So I picked up.  And of course it was a spammer.  I hung up without saying a word and the "State Polce" called right back.

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of them will change their number especially the number V.

Trusted Contributor

I have nomorobo on the landline. Even so, the phone still rings once before it is intercepted and cut off. This was driving me nuts during the day (I work from home) so now I uplug the landline during the day, plug it back in well after dinner. A few errant rings in the evening after I plug it back in are tolerable, but those have died down. I think the robos are resetting -- they'll be back, no doubt.

Respected Contributor

They are evil. And disgusting.  Hate them.

Honored Contributor
I get junk mail addressed to my brother who lives in another state and for my late mother all the time. Today I had to turn off my phone due to the robocalls.
Honored Contributor
I use the call block on my iPhone... it they call back later with a slightly different phone number. It is maddening.
Honored Contributor
I tried answering once but just got a recordin g...no prompt to speak to anyo e
Honored Contributor
We cut our landline years ago. figured we were safe since we. had cellphones but after a couple of years they started on our cellphones as well...now they are even leaving voicemails,...how brazen.