Valued Contributor

Gotta admire their persistence (not).  Just got a call for my mother-in-law.  She died in 2007.  Shaking my head here...  :-)

Honored Contributor

Get Call Blocker from QVC don't put up with that ****.

One time charge to buy the unit, no monthly bill, easy set up.

Your good to go. I've bought 3 so far. One for sister, one for me and one for

back up , in case they quit making them.  I've learned over time if you

find something you like best stock up on it or it will be gone. Don't care if

it's a candy bar or a refrigerator. Stuff constantly, constantly , changes.

Respected Contributor

I use the call block that came with my phone, it works great plus it's free.

Honored Contributor

I also use the call blocker that comes with my phone. Not only does it block that number it also reports it as spam. I will only buy my brand of cellphone because of this great option.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Call Blocking is a wonderful feature.. I have it on my Panasonic plus my fax machine picks up after 4 rings..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Telemarketers

[ Edited ]

I use the free apps, Hiya and Truecaller, on my iPhone (an old iPhone 5).   My Xfinity bundle includes a VoIP phone service and I added Nomorobo (also free) to that.   Rarely do any junk calls slip through, and when they do they’re easy to report and block.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I finally have peace after adding a call blocker to my landline. 

Respected Contributor

I was getting the same robo call almost daily, some robot telling me I qualify to enroll in health insurace, blah blah blah. It would always leave a voicemail. Every time I would block the caller but to no avail, the robo call would always spoof a different number every time. I started answering them so I could prompt for a live person, and then I would yell at them STOP CALLING ME (they always hung up on me), and I also used the numerical prompt given to be taken off the calling list which didn't work.  Then one day poof, it just stopped.  

Respected Contributor

We have an answering machine/phone on our land line.  It does the "screening" job for us.

Valued Contributor

This call came on our landline and was answered by the answering machine.  But it is still disconcerting to get a message for a dead person.  We are so low tech we do not have caller ID (and still have copper phone lines).  Within the past 6 weeks or so, almost every call on the landline has been a telemarketing call so we are now letting everything go to the machine and return calls (or pick up if we are within hearing distance) if it is someone we know leaving a message.