Esteemed Contributor

Re: Telemarketer phone call yesterday.. question about

Ah heck you are ruining my fun.  I pick the phone  up and if someone answers I have one fun time.  Today I got a call about my car being out of warantee for some kind of service.  I told them I did not have a car and rode around with a unicycle.  

A few days ago someone called and I asked them how they were contacting me.  I explained that I did not have a phone and they must be using some sort of mind telepathy to talk to me.  I had them going for seven minutes.  

Bring it on telemarketers.  It sure beat watching the news these days. 

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Ah heck you are ruining my fun.  I pick the phone  up and if someone answers I have one fun time.  Today I got a call about my car being out of warantee for some kind of service.  I told them I did not have a car and rode around with a unicycle.  

A few days ago someone called and I asked them how they were contacting me.  I explained that I did not have a phone and they must be using some sort of mind telepathy to talk to me.  I had them going for seven minutes.  

Bring it on telemarketers.  It sure beat watching the news these days. 

I just have to tell you that I really enjoy your sense of humor, and that your post gave me a really good laugh!! LOL!! Cat Very Happy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

If I cannot beat them... might as well join them.  My real target has been the Microsoft scams.  I simply keep them on the phone asking questions about how to do this or that on my computer. And usually I tell them it was stolen and I am wondering if they can help me track it.  It is a delight to spend their time. I have not heard from them in awhile.  Hope I haven't scared them away.  

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

If I cannot beat them... might as well join them.  My real target has been the Microsoft scams.  I simply keep them on the phone asking questions about how to do this or that on my computer. And usually I tell them it was stolen and I am wondering if they can help me track it.  It is a delight to spend their time. I have not heard from them in awhile.  Hope I haven't scared them away.  

That is so funny! LOL!! Cat Very Happy

You know what, I can't say that I don't blame you.

One of my Grammas used to have a whistle by the phone that she would use to blow into the phone when she would get any kind of crank phone call. 

People get tired of having their phones used in all kinds of different manners. Our phones should be available to us when we need them to be. Our time shouldn't be spent having to field unnecessary phone calls, in my opinion.

We have "nomorobo" call blocking service on our phone line now, so that is helping to cut down on the scam, charity, and telemarketer phone calls for us.