Honored Contributor

Tech challenged, can you help?

Just got my first smart phone, (Andriod I guess because not an Apple product). So behind the times, just learned to text this month.

Downloaded my first app (QVC of course) and want to figure out if I can access these forums and post from my phone. I want to post pictures that are in my phone to these boards.

I'm navigating this site on my phone and it looks so different, and I can't figure out how to get to the forums on the phone (if it can be done at all).

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Is this possible, what do I look for to even begin to acces the forums from the phone?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tech challenged, can you help?

You need to use the web browser, but I don't know what it's called on Android. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

You can't get into the forums from the QVC app, at least from the Apple version.  You have to use the web, as stated above.

Once you do get into the forums on your phone, in order to get it to look like it does on your computer, you have to change it from "mobile" view to "full" view.  Scroll to the bottom of the page, and near the bottom on the right you will see "mobile/full".  Click on "full" and it will then change to the more familiar layout.  You have to do this each time you come into the forums.

HTH

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

You can't get into the forums from the QVC app, at least from the Apple version.  You have to use the web, as stated above.

Once you do get into the forums on your phone, in order to get it to look like it does on your computer, you have to change it from "mobile" view to "full" view.  Scroll to the bottom of the page, and near the bottom on the right you will see "mobile/full".  Click on "full" and it will then change to the more familiar layout.  You have to do this each time you come into the forums.

HTH

@geezerette

Amazing! And thank you. I've made a post from my phone!

Now to figure how to add pictures.

Thanks so much for this help!

Honored Contributor

I have an LG smartphone and an android chromebook and thus far have been unable to post pictures from either. Would love to know how to do so.

Honored Contributor

I have an Apple phone, but I imagine it would be the same or similar for the other operating systems.  And I guess it's the same for computers, too, but I never posted a photo when I used my computer.

From the icons above, choose the little box with the mountains in it that looks like a postcard on the top line (in between the link icon and the bullet icon--the "paperclip" and the numbers with the horizontal lines).  For the image, click on 'choose file'.  It should then give you a pop-up box with the choice of taking a new photo on your phone, or choosing one you already have on the phone or in the cloud.  Go from there.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I have an Apple phone, but I imagine it would be the same or similar for the other operating systems.  And I guess it's the same for computers, too, but I never posted a photo when I used my computer.

From the icons above, choose the little box with the mountains in it that looks like a postcard on the top line (in between the link icon and the bullet icon--the "paperclip" and the numbers with the horizontal lines).  For the image, click on 'choose file'.  It should then give you a pop-up box with the choice of taking a new photo on your phone, or choosing one you already have on the phone or in the cloud.  Go from there.

@geezerette

You deserve a medal and by the way, will you marry me!

I posted a picture from my phone, using my phone! I feel like I just conquered the world! I'm so behind on technology! 

It is in the Holiday forum under testing and I'm going to go back and see if I can do it again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  😄  I'm glad you could understand my directions.  I am also behind the times and tech-challenged, or whatever you want to call it.  So I try to help anyone else in the same boat if I have learned what they haven't as of yet, since so many people here help me when I am in the same situation.  And I try to write it out as simply as I can, but I don't always know  the proper names and functions of all this stuff, so my explanations may be a little strange.  I'm glad you're enjoying your new phone and I look forward to seeing many of your photos from now on.

By the way, I appreciate your proposal and would seriously consider it, but I'm already taken!💏😉

Honored Contributor

On the home page, scroll downward and look for "See Full Footer". Click on it. Then sign in to post, even if you are alt

ready signed into the website.