Honored Contributor

Re: Teacher Discharges Gun In Classroom, Student Hurt

Not long ago, maybe two or three years ago, there were all of a sudden a lot of open carry people demonstrating their position.  The awful part was, several small groups showed up and stood their ground in the toy section of brick and mortar stores.  Why they did that, I will never understand.  Frightening children and their moms, classy.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

@Noel7  I know and he's an idiot. He did NOT follow safety procedures. Had he, it wouldn't have happened. His finger was on the trigger and he pulled it, otherwise, the gun can't fire. So, lets count the mistakes:

1) Bullet in gun chamber

2) Bullet in magazine

3) Magazine in gun

4) Safety not on

5) Finger inside trigger area instead of on the side of it

6) PULLED trigger without all of the above being cleared.

At least he was aiming at the ceiling. Beyond that, what we have here is a VERY stupid individual who happens to be a teacher. Stupidity knows NO bounds and doesn't care about your occupation. Believe me.

@SahmIam

It is clear this man, trained or not, made rookie mistakes that could have turned out much worse. Like you say, there are "trained and non-trained idiots".  

Show me a profession where mistakes are not made, and I will call those professionals a liar, to their face. Seems like some mistakes are magnified, while others that actually killed people, go completely dark.

You should have heard many of my co-workers go on and on when Jim Fixx, a well known runner, died while running. Made big news in the media for sure, and those against this way of staying fit, could not let it go.

My 42 year old, neighbor who is very well known locally by the media, died on "the throne " while taking a ****. Not a thing about how he died, but dying on "the throne", I believe is much more common than those that die while running.

Thank you for pointing out these 6 points about firearm safety, and the fact this idiot ignored every single one of them. People want their money protected by people with a firearm, but their children?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut I hear you, Sir.

I ran cross-country in high school and continued running distance up until recently; I remembered when Jim Fixx died (his book was was #1 with us runners) and all the fall-out about running being so bad for you.

People completely missed the fact that he was killed by a GENETIC malfunction in his heart which would have killed him that day and at that time no matter WHAT he was doing-the running didn't add to it.

But that doesn't sell the news, now does it.

Honored Contributor

It seems this incident wasn't the first time Dennis Alexander brought his gun to class.  On another occasion, he passed it around.  All students were allowed to handle it and take photos with it. Some of the photos were posted on social media.  

Honored Contributor

@septemberwrote:

It seems this incident wasn't the first time Dennis Alexander brought his gun to class.  On another occasion, he passed it around.  All students were allowed to handle it and take photos with it. Some of the photos were posted on social media.  

Image result for shocked smiley

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@septemberwrote:

@september

If this is true, this guy was more than an idiot, and those that kept him employed, in my opinion, can't skate scott free from a little of the blame.  He should have been gone after the 1st incident. Gun safety should not be taught in or at a school, that is best left to places that the children's parents, sign them up for classes and also go with them.

Passing any gun around a classroom is stupid and should never be done. I am assuming the school was aware of this, no? If not, shame on them. A "Conceal Carry " means exactly that, concealed!

This whole story is disturbing to myself and all law abiding gun owners who practice what they should all know. Did the parents of the kids in this class give their permission for their child to attend? If not, the school is lacking in leadership.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It is true..was reported on the evening news.  Can check out the story on ksbw.com.

The parents of one of the injured students hired a lawyer who is uncovering all the past history of what went on in this class.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherrywrote:

@RainCityWoman  it went to court. They had an open carry license...

Wow. Then apparently the legal stuff behind the gun free zone means nothing in that state. Institutions and businesses have a right to restrict guns from their premises. I can't understand how the rights of one are given precedent over the other. As far as i know, that can't be done in my state. Even Starbucks has a no guns allowed sign up in Seattle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@septemberwrote:

That is just sick. Sounds like he has an issue with his manhood.