Respected Contributor

Re: Tea With Lisa R (if interested)

@shell garden wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@Beansey wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

At this point, with all the regular threads about LR"s comings and goings, I think there should be a separate forum for LR.

Yes.  I started one a month ago. Don't know why @sparklestarstarted another.  I sure don't think it was needed.

I was just wondering how many would attend. 

Sorry ... did't see a topic labled LR's comins and goings.  I see many other posts about Lisa.  I didn't realize there was a limit on how many posts exist.  I just received the email today sooooooo ...

Good God. 

@sparklestar.....post whatever in the world you want to!  geez, people quit the nit pickin, okay?  

Oh I will.  If I don't keep all these lovely ladies informed, what will they have to keep them entertained.  I know they all really have a deep love for Lisa.  I am sure they all admire and respect her, otherwise they would pass right on by the topic.  Something keeps them coming back ... and I know they need to keep up with what is going on in Lisa's world.  They are very welcome!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Nah, some of us just like to look and laugh Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@Beansey you really make no sense.  I'm sure there is a point to what you're trying to communicate, but it's not coming across very clear.  Good luck with that.

Trusted Contributor

I would actually attend if I lived in the area.  Would be interesting.   To me at least.  Lisa was my favorite host.

Valued Contributor

Pardon my ignorance, but I was unaware the sales clerk in question was a 'designer.'  I've never seen anything she 'designed,' but did see many things she 'copied.'  Both of my parents were designers (my dad taught at FIT) so to call this person a 'designer' is an insult to my parents and all the other 'real' designers out there.  About this person being referred to as a 'fashion authority,' does anyone recall the ground-sweeping Gumby pants that were worn ad infinitum?  This individual is nothing more than a sales clerk on the same level as someone you would see in Target or Walmart except for the fact that she was on a TV shopping channel.  Just my observations.        docsgirl

Super Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@Beansey you really make no sense.  I'm sure there is a point to what you're trying to communicate, but it's not coming across very clear.  Good luck with that.

.      You posted the same info that was posted one month ago. Your prerogative. But.    Don't say you didn't see the posts. You responded by posting that I was only giving the info on the tea so LR could be ridiculed. Not so!  People will ridicule LR without my help. I just am curious how many people will go.  Hope I have cleared this up for you.  Thanks for always responding as you like to do. 

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but I was unaware the sales clerk in question was a 'designer.'  I've never seen anything she 'designed,' but did see many things she 'copied.'  Both of my parents were designers (my dad taught at FIT) so to call this person a 'designer' is an insult to my parents and all the other 'real' designers out there.  About this person being referred to as a 'fashion authority,' does anyone recall the ground-sweeping Gumby pants that were worn ad infinitum?  This individual is nothing more than a sales clerk on the same level as someone you would see in Target or Walmart except for the fact that she was on a TV shopping channel.  Just my observations.        docsgirl

If you feel that way, then I guess you would have no interest in attending. 

Trusted Contributor

Having celebrities in such settings is commonplace these days.  Recently, Sophia Loren and Al Pacino (yes, I know for the haters that they are much more than a salesperson on a shopping channel) had events locally.  Conversations.  $35 pays for overhead, basically.  It is three and one-half hours from here on an afternoon.  I would like to go but no way am I driving home that late when I have to be at work at 7 the next morning.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

Having celebrities in such settings is commonplace these days.  Recently, Sophia Loren and Al Pacino (yes, I know for the haters that they are much more than a salesperson on a shopping channel) had events locally.  Conversations.  $35 pays for overhead, basically.  It is three and one-half hours from here on an afternoon.  I would like to go but no way am I driving home that late when I have to be at work at 7 the next morning.

I can see the temptation to lump everyone as "tribe" or "haters," but that's not really fair.  I think LR was a very successful QVC salesperson, and I follow her on social media from time to time to see if she comes out with anything I may be interested in purchasing.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing her Christmas items.  She seems happy and that's a wonderful thing for her.  But that's probably where the line in the sand is drawn, compared to those who really, REALLY follow & adore her.  Yes, the names Al Pacino and Sophia Loren in the same sentence as LR is to me, well, absurd (not you of course, just the thought of it is absurd to me Smiley Happy), but that doesn't take away from me thinking she was a very good QVC host, and wishing her well with whatever she chooses to do in life now.

Respected Contributor

I am not a member of the TRIBE but I always enjoyed Lisa. Have always wished her much success and will continue to do so.

AND with that said, I have been saving tons of money since she left!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield