Respected Contributor

Target Question

[ Edited ]

I thought my Target card gave me free shipping, but I noticed when making order it had to b e over $35.  Have they made change?   Also I had a craving for Easter chocolates tried to order but it said pick up only (no thanks).  Don't they ship candy?

Honored Contributor

just go to walmart or the gas station quickie places.

Frequent Contributor

I think you have to be signed in and choose your Red Card in order to receive the free shipping without meeting that minimum. You may have to go to the checkout screen, but I believe you can always go back and add more items to your cart before checking out I know it can be confusing as it happened to me a couple of times in the past. As far as not shipping chocolate, so many things are different now and a lot of items can't be shipped that I would like to purchase (it may be too early to stop shipping chocolate due to weather, but that could also be a possibility)?. I usually use Target drive up for products now. I haven't been in a Target store for weeks. I've got a few things in my cart for shipping as well as drive up (including a chocolate bunny or two)!  Hope that works

Honored Contributor

Re: Target Question

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom  I think you might still get free shipping once you check out. I'm not aware of them having a minimum for card holders, but who knows, it might be new. I've pretty much given up on Target during the current situation. It appears there's very little they're either willing or able to ship. They seem to be pushing pick-up, in-store shopping and before this hit the fan, they were pushing same day or next day delivery mostly for food items. Their options have been somewhat confusing and, unfortunately, while I've always liked shopping Target, even before this fiasco, my local store wasn't being well managed for the past year or so, and shelves weren't well stocked even then, so I have little hope they'd be well stocked now.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I believe as long as you use your Target Red debit card it is free shipping. I have ordered small things and have not had any shipping fee. The main thing is you must have the Target Red card. I really love this benefit. 

Valued Contributor

Order $35 bucks worth of candy!! LOL I am still going to the store though myself.

Respected Contributor

By the way, my Target order arrived in 24 hours!  Just didn't get any chocolate! I will live but I will be tempted to hit bargain candy tomorrow.  (Not going)

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

I thought my Target card gave me free shipping, but I noticed when making order it had to b e over $35.  Have they made change?   Also I had a craving for Easter chocolates tried to order but it said pick up only (no thanks).  Don't they ship candy?

--------------

Many stores in our area are not shipping anything that might melt...like chocolate!!  Our temps have been in the high 70'/80's for several weeks!!!

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

By the way, my Target order arrived in 24 hours!  Just didn't get any chocolate! I will live but I will be tempted to hit bargain candy tomorrow.  (Not going)

Wow. That's great. You were lucky. My last order took over two weeks to arrive and before it did, they emailed me alerting me that several of my ordered items weren't available... I'll give them another try when things calm down a bit but for me right now, they aren't much of a resource.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

According to my daughter (Target shopper), some items are considered "add on" items. They require a minimum purchase to get free shipping. (I think it's similar to some items on Amazon?)