Regular Contributor

Target Commercial....Marshmallow World

This is probably a stupid thread but this commercial is driving me nuts. In the area we live in every night this commercial plays during every commercial break. Thank goodness for the mute button lol. Any commercials out there driving you nuts. Thanks for listening.
Super Contributor

Re: Target Commercial....Marshmallow World

I get that they are playing off of "Alice in Wonderland" in the commercial, but I still think the ad people were smoking something funny when they came up with the ad.

Respected Contributor

I actually kinda like that commercial.........it's cute...........and that little girl is adorable...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

First time...cute. Fifth time....mildly amusing. A 100th time, which TBS plays 2x every 1/2 hour? Yeah, I'm going nuts, too!! But I DO love the little Spuds McKenzie dog w/ elf shoes!

There's another one playing continually w/ 3 women singers...maybe a Big Lots commercial? 'Tis the season!!

Super Contributor

When I first saw this commercial I noted the darling little girl's poofy skirts and dresses..........I figured Marshmallow World was a clothing brand...........but checking wiki, I see MW is a famous Christmas tune written in 1949 and sung by lots of famous ppl...........Target has become famous over the last few years for featuring somewhat obscure Christmas music in its ads, giving them either a wider exposure or a reintroduction.........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshmallow_World
Super Contributor

BUT....I could be wrong!.........this link says MW was written in 1963........http://tvcommercialssongs.com/target-kind-holiday/..............we are talking about the ad....that makes it a success in MadMenLand...........Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I generally scan past commercials (that's why I have a dvr, well one reason).

But I saw that Target ad and I think its cute!

The ads I got sick of were Gecko, Flo (the annoying insurance lady- and that insurance is lousy by the way I know someone who had it).

I hate ads pushing booze.

The list goes on.

But I like the Target commercial and the Subaru ad (and I love our Subaru!..lol).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I don't think they're running it here.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I haven't seen any Christmas ads on TV yet. It's a Marshmallow World was sung by Dean Martin in the early 60's I believe. I remember him singing it. I actually think it was sung in a movie. I'll have to see if I can find the information.

Regular Contributor

On 11/8/2014 sidsmom said:

First time...cute. Fifth time....mildly amusing. A 100th time, which TBS plays 2x every 1/2 hour? Yeah, I'm going nuts, too!! But I DO love the little Spuds McKenzie dog w/ elf shoes!

There's another one playing continually w/ 3 women singers...maybe a Big Lots commercial? 'Tis the season!!

I thought the same way. I thought the commercial was so sweet, love Christmas commercials.but like last night it played 9 times in two hours lol. And yes that big lot commercial with the three women singing is getting there too. 4 times in two hours lol. Thank goodness for mute. They have managed to do one step in advertising they got me talking about them.