Valued Contributor

Re: Target Black Friday deal

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb.  Why don't you shoot off an email to corporate headquarters and complain?  So easy to do.

@Kachina624 I sent a complaint about our local Target last Spring because everytime I go there the shoe department aisles are blocked by pallets of merchandise and the janitorial workers are running the sweeper in the clothing departments with electric cords running across the floors. A woman coming out of the dressing room tripped and almost fell. I received a stock reply but nothing has ever been improved. It is a bad situation. I really don't think corporate cares.

Honored Contributor

I rarely shop at a Target store now....usually online only if I need something. Our local Target store seems to be staffed with only 20-somethings who never look up from their phones....impossible to get help or ask a question.I went in to pick up an online order...the guy at the desk brought out the box, then left me and others in line while he took a huge grocery order outside to curbside pickup. Customer service there is nonexistent.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

If you're not a Target shopper, feel free to skip this.

One of my favorite Target deals of the year. 

Shop any time tomorrow, Black Friday and spend at least $50. At the register, they will give you a coupon for 20% off one total purchase for the period of Dec. 3rd through Dec. 14th. 

I did this last year and plan to do it again tomorrow. I spent as close to the minimum of $50 as I could (bought a few toys for Toys for Tots) and got the coupon. Then I went back during the coupon period and stocked up on household stuff.  I saved a TON that day. And you can still use coupons and be eligible for any free gift card with purchase deals. 

Other than the 10% off Target gift card deal, which will be in a few weeks, this is my favorite deal. 

@gidgetgh  For you and anyone else that may be interested...

I placed 2 separate orders at Target online for $50+ and received a 20% off coupon for each order. The coupon code on each is different which is great so for deals at Target for the period of 12/3-12/14, I can use one for each week of deals.

One I'll use for week/period of 12/3-12/7 and the other for week/period of 12/8-12/14...

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Shop any time tomorrow, Black Friday and spend at least $50. At the register, they will give you a coupon for 20% off one total purchase for the period of Dec. 3rd through Dec. 14th. 

I did this last year and plan to do it again tomorrow. I spent as close to the minimum of $50 as I could (bought a few toys for Toys for Tots) and got the coupon. Then I went back during the coupon period and stocked up on household stuff.  I saved a TON that day. And you can still use coupons and be eligible for any free gift card with purchase deals. 

Other than the 10% off Target gift card deal, which will be in a few weeks, this is my favorite deal. 

I placed 2 separate orders at Target online for $50+ and received a 20% off coupon for each order. The coupon code on each is different which is great so for deals at Target for the period of 12/3-12/14, I can use one for each week of deals.

One I'll use for week/period of 12/3-12/7 and the other for week/period of 12/8-12/14...

@Susan Louise - thanks for mentioning that you can get the coupon online. I forgot to do that.

i went to Target this morning and took my husband with me. We split our purchase in half and we got two coupons.  I'm giving one to my sister who is out of town right now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Susan Louise - thanks for mentioning that you can get the coupon online. I forgot to do that.

i went to Target this morning and took my husband with me. We split our purchase in half and we got two coupons.  I'm giving one to my sister who is out of town right now. 

@gidgetgh  It's great you got 2 coupons already and your sister will appreciate it!  Smiley Happy

I actually didn't know if I would get different coupon codes or not when I placed the 2nd order, but it was a nice surprise. I just ordered extra of certain food & household products to stock up for the winter. Less trips to the store during the winter period is a great thing when the risks are higher to be around someone who is sick. DH and I try to cut our trips to grocery stores in half or more and always carry sanitizing wipes.

Anyway, I was thinking that if I used the 1st coupon during the 1st week/period, and then when the following week's circular came out in our Sunday paper and I see some great deals, I would be disappointed I used the 20% off coupon the previous week...LOL

BTW, thanks for this thread & the HU on this deal  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

And speaking of Target... Recenty, I'd signed up for an email when an item returned to stock... I got the email yesterday evening and went to order the item today... You guessed, it, out of stock again... Come on Target, we're talking about a mattress pad here, hardly a hot Christmas commodity... What, did they restock like two of them... Actually, the website touts 'Hurry 1 left'... Uh uh... Went to put it in my cart but then another message comes up that says it can't be put in my cart because it's sold out... Last time I was in the store, half the items on my list were 'out of stock' and at least four items I was seeking were also out of stock last time I shopped the website. Sorry, but to my mind this is no way to run a successful store... I'm close to being done with this retailer...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoa...the 2 Target orders I placed just hours ago have shipped...

The Target elves are doing an AWESOME job! 

How cute is this?!  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

target.jpg

Honored Contributor

Been confirmed, gift card discount is Sunday, 12/8 one day only, max discount is $30.

Honored Contributor

I just used my 1st 20% off coupon online and saved about $17. I'll use the other 20% off coupon the week of the 8th before it expires on the 14th  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I used my first coupon and had a huge stock up trip. I saved just over $86 and I also got $15 back in a Target gift card for promotions they were running on Charmin, Bounty and other cleaning products. 

I'm using my second coupon tomorrow at a different store. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?