Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I cannot handle Kathy Lee Gifford.  Omg, yak yak yak. She is to sarcastic. I just think, give it up.....  I could never watch that morning show she was on.

i am not in the know.  Did they ax Tameron in favor of kathy lee?

@shoekitty, no.  Kathy Lee is on at a different hour.  Tamron is on with Al Roker.  Tamron and Al's show was axed to make way for Megyn Kelly's new show.

Respected Contributor

I agree. As soon as they announced Kelly would have a morning show, tvline or TMZ said they would get rid of Hall and Rokers hour and either move Kelly into that hour or move up Hoda and Kathy hour and give Kelly their slot. Either way, Roker and Hall would be losing their show.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tameron Hall

[ Edited ]

Since I already knew that Kelly was coming, I'm not surprised about Tamron.  But I thought she would just be let go, I'm surprised that she quit after being offered millions!  She must have a lot of money saved up for this rainy day, lol.  What I like about her was that she adapted to serious news later in the day after being on her morning show being light hearted.    I loved her delivery on serious news and she wasn't afraid to ask tough questions.

I really don't think Kelly will have those high ratings she was used to but, I wish her good luck.  I hate that her good job was at the expense of someone else.  Especially Tamron.  I will miss her but that's show biz I guess.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Found my answer about Al Roker!

However, 62-year-old Roker and 46-year-old Hall are not leaving the Today show or NBC. A second source with knowledge of the situation echoes that despite rumors, Hall is "expected to stay at the network and with the Today show family."

"She will still fill in on the Today show at times when Savannah [Guthrie] is off," the source says. "She will also continue her daily show on MSNBC."

The network has made no official comments on the changes.

Interestingly enough, "Today's Take" was previously fronted by Billy Bush, before he was let go after his infamous Donald Trump controversy.

An NBC source previously told ET that Kelly's new show "will not fall under the Today banner, but instead be Kelly-branded."

Earlier this month, 46-year-old Kelly announced she was leaving Fox News after 12 years to take on a new role at NBC News. As part of the multi-year agreement, Kelly will host her own daytime news program, anchor a Sunday evening news show and take part in special political programming and other breaking news coverage.

http://www.etonline.com/news/208709_today_show_dropping_al_roker_and_tamron_hall_today_take_hour_to_...

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@Sooner

kathy lee would not be happy being called an older woman and for that matter she thinks she's very hip.  lol 

Honored Contributor

I agree that Tamron does a very good job on the evening news. When I have seen her fill in for Lester Holt it made me think her talents were wasted on the Today Show.

And I do admire her efforts to combat domestic violence. She lost a sister to that.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

Re: Tameron Hall

[ Edited ]

She is professional and articulate, but only when she does serious news like on MSNBC. She became part of the faux happy and raucousness on Today, then it became all about her at every opportunity. Can't stand that whole group, so I stopped watching. Why do the networks need an entire panel to act stupid?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Never understood why the Today Show needs to be so long.  If anything, I'd like to see them drop an hour. 

the show is way too long,  they could do 2 hours and do more shows without the the Today Show name.

'=

As for Tamron don't blame her she put in years there, and M Kelly comes in and takes over that time,

That said, I don't watch any of the morning news shows much, not sure who they target after the first 20 mins.   I think the the Today show has a problem being so long, either way they need to fill 4 hours and since they killed the soaps, it's cheaper to keep it that way

That is not Megyn Kelly's doing (even if that's what she requested). That's NBC's top bosses' doing.

Honored Contributor

Just watched the intro to the 9 am hour of Today, and Al Roker announced that Tameron Hall has decided to leave the network, he said a few nice things about her but not much more

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I admire Tamron Hall. I remember hearing her speak with great love about her father who instilled the importance of self discipline in her. He was a career military officer who set high standards for his family. She said she has never left her apartment with her bed unmade no matter how late she was out the night before and never been late for an appointment or work in her entire career. Standards that used to be the norm but are increasingly rare today.