Honored Contributor

Re: Talk About A Scam!

[ Edited ]

I googled Grey Wolf Armory and there's scads of info about  pfishing schemes going back several years.  One place that's legit with that name says PayPal won't even accept accounts from gun dealers.

Does this verbiage sound strange?

"You can contact our customer service if you have any query for the order."

Anyway, I've reported it to PayPal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Every morning I am sending a fake email to spoof@paypal.com.

They kindly acknowledge my email and thank me.    It makes me feel like a good citizen.

I hate these scammers.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I don't get them very often so when I do, it's kind of alarming until I remember the scammers.

Respected Contributor

Around 4 or 5 in the morning lately I get these text messages saying my Amazon account has been compromised other times it's the same nonsense but it's the PayPal account....I don't have a PayPal account nor have I ever.....

Trusted Contributor

I always forward these to Paypal but every once in a while I give them a snarky reply as well.  Often when you look at the sender email I believe someone else's email address has also been spoofed.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  - I get these all of the time, from Amazon and PayPal. I forward to the address others posted. 

One of the first times this happened to me, I called. The rep I talked to said always check the sender's address. If it's gmail, you know it's spam. She also said to pay attention to the verbiage within the email. For example, "any query for the order" seemed suspicious to me. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom    I thought that was strange too, something a non-native English speaker might use.

Honored Contributor

I get many about being charged for anti virus software ---hundreds of $$ more than what I pay yearly. I always check my accounts--just in case...... but NEVER click on any links in those scam mails--they have always been garbage----then I change passwords just to be safe----

Respected Contributor
I just got 2 today from “Amazon” saying my account was going to be locked and then one that it was locked. Frankly, it might save me some money if it were locked. Lol.
Contributor

I have received one from Apple. I called them and told them I don't have one apple product in my home. Please take me off the list. On the third call I said look I know your scamming me and probably other people, stop sending me emails and they even called me once. She called me a BITCH. Hmm found that very interesting. My validation that this is not APPLE calling me or emailing me.