Honored Contributor

Re: Taking things personally

@Drythe wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Somebody cutting you off on the highway is PERSONAL.    But the person probably shouldn't harp on it all day...

@Desertdi 

If they cause you to run off the road to avoid them, or slam on breaks to miss them and you, your car, and/others are hurt, it becomes very personal!

Someone cut across 3 lanes of traffic to cut off several cars, including mine, off about 4 years ago.  It resulted in 3 cars being damaged, as well as both bridge abutments.  

My car was totalled, and I was trapped in it.  Others were hurt and lost their cars also.

Call me sensitive, I took it personally, as did the other drivers who suffered damages.  Don't know what I would have said, didn't make it to work that day.

@Drythe     Oh, I understand.   I had a "near miss" a couple weeks ago when a truck pulled out of a side road....and just PARKED crosswise in the lane I was driving in.   I swerved and missed the guy by a split second.   (I believe he was either suicidal, or attempting to stage an accident.)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Count me in as one who thinks there is a level of rudeness now that certainly seems to be escalating. It's not just in that one category.  It has permeated every aspect of life, it seems.

I've found I'm better off trying not to take things as seriously, especially when driving.  I'm happier when I take this approach.  However, I will say that if I'm in a store and get ignored by a worker who's obviously on the phone chatting about something not work related, sees me waiting and continues their conversation, OR if I ask a clerk for help finding something and they act like I'm a pesky gnat, I'm one who remembers and takes my business elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 -----sorry but its a fact of life------no good to bury your head in the sand

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Cakers3 -----sorry but its a fact of life------no good to bury your head in the sand

@wagirl   My head is well above the sand, thank you.

Your perception is political and you know it.  You are getting away with it because the mods are scarce.

There are two sides to every pov and I really do not care where you stand.

You violated the standards, period.

Have a wonderful day stuck in negativity.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I have noticed that too--think it started to be a thing in 2016------and for 4 years that was the example that we all saw-----toxic and non productive------ 

I didn't know that political posts were allowed here. Very uncalled for but  some posters drink Kool-Aid.

And some posters think they need  to control.

Just like you just did LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl   My head is well above the sand, thank you.

Your perception is political and you know it.  You are getting away with it because the mods are scarce.

There are two sides to every pov and I really do not care where you stand.

You violated the standards, period.

Have a wonderful day stuck in negativity.

Amen sister!!!

Honored Contributor

'Tell me about it'.............How to stop the constant complaining about this and that driver who did this and that? It's a downer. Any psychologists here? Would like some info. Enough said.
'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've noticed that many times it's those pick-up drivers.  Not mentioning company names.

Most of them slam on their brakes, make last second U-turns just about everywhere, etc. 

Anyway, driving has been erratic, to say the least.  Not caring about driver's laws, etc.

Yet, still, not a good idea to harp and harp over it.  Plenty of other things to worry about now-a-days.

Just try to be careful, keep as safe as possible.

Good luck to all.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I think most of the time you aren't even part of the equation specifically, it's the other person and what's going on with them. I try not to let them spend much time in my head especially since they're not even thinking about me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't doubt it was a frightening experience.  Hopefully, he'll get the empathy he seems to be looking for at home from family members.