Honored Contributor

Re: Taking things personally

Not only political, but untrue....

@RetRN wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I have noticed that too--think it started to be a thing in 2016------and for 4 years that was the example that we all saw-----toxic and non productive------ 

I didn't know that political posts were allowed here. Very uncalled for but  some posters drink Kool-Aid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The action may not have been directed at us personally, but if it affects us personally, it is personal..

The decision to close the BB would, obviously, be upsetting to those who have been participating on it. For some just disappointing; for others, devastating. I doubt this was a consideration. More likely, a spread sheet of cost benefit and when the benefit didn't justify the cost, the BB was axed. Perhaps they should have considered the ripple effect and that every action comes with an equal and opposite reaction. I doubt a thought was given to those who post, other than age, gender, and amount Q receives from sales. Beware, we are not a bunch of uneducated, ill-informed, doddering oldsters.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a lot of Posters were here to justify the cost for hosting and monitoring the Boards. No one knows how much money was generated from us here. Maybe not enough because a lot of the Posters had stopped shopping.

A lot of Posters have registered at qforumfriends. One thing that would stop me from Posting often at the new Board is if everything is about what QVC did. I hope we can leave QVC behind.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Why complain @wagirl? you chose to marry him. 

@RetRN  Wow!  How totally unnecessary sniping.  You had no problem complaining about the post YOU THOUGHT was political. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

Possibly, the active posters on the BB aren't personally big spenders, but their family members and friends who don't post may be and cause a ripple effect of lost sales.. If a company disappointed my mother, they would surely lose me and mine as customers.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Sage04 

Possibly, the active posters on the BB aren't personally big spenders, but their family members and friends who don't post may be and cause a ripple effect of lost sales.. If a company disappointed my mother, they would surely lose me and mine as customers.

While some choose to morf this into just another QVC bashing thread, I will say that studies have shown that shopping habits normally do not change.  Would venture to say that half of those who swear they will never shop here again will return in the future.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have noticed that too--think it started to be a thing in 2016------and for 4 years that was the example that we all saw-----toxic and non productive------ 

@wagirl   Oh you just HAD to throw in politics.

*eyeroll*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

People seem ready to explode at the slightest provocation, as if they are defending the last bastion of civilization. Gets old. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy 

Where the Q is concerned, half is still too many.  Replacing higher paid hosts, renegotiating contracts, making cuts like the forums, a new man in charge is telling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

Somebody cutting you off on the highway is PERSONAL.    But the person probably shouldn't harp on it all day...

@Desertdi 

If they cause you to run off the road to avoid them, or slam on breaks to miss them and you, your car, and/others are hurt, it becomes very personal!

Someone cut across 3 lanes of traffic to cut off several cars, including mine, about 4 years ago.  It resulted in 3 cars being damaged, as well as both bridge abutments.  

My car was totalled, and I was trapped in it.  Others were hurt and lost their cars also.

Call me sensitive, I took it personally, as did the other drivers who suffered damages.  Don't know what I would have said about it, didn't make it to work that day.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras