Honored Contributor

Re: Take me out to the old roller skating rink!

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Grrreat... an oldies thread.

366905_kot_udivlenie_dosada_small_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg (290×181)

;-)

Ah ha ha ha ha......................................................

Sorry Lilac Tree, the response struck me as funny.  I suffer from O.A. (Old Age).  Sorry your roller rink went down.  I used to like to watch Roller Derby when it was on in black and white broadcasting.  Don't know if your roller rink was ever featured.  Enjoyed seeing the L.A. Thunderbirds vs. The Texas Outlaws or just about anyone.  It was all enjoyable nonsense

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Love your "O.A.", LOL.

I thought that Lilac Tree would instantly get the wry/dry/sly humor, but added a winky just in case.

Oh, well...

I always enjoy your humor, JSS . . . you know that!

Good to hear you haven't lost yours, JSS!  Smiley Happy

I was wondering, as you hadn't responded to my post.

(not that I expect anyone to, to any of mine LOL)

Really?  I think you are very popular here, JSS!!  I always try to respond to posts on threads that I start.  I hope I'm not falling down on the job!!

Thank you, JSS.  

I have never been popular in my life, LOL.

And you're certainly not falling down on the job or just phoning it in!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

The song I loved to rollerskate to was "Lightening Striking Again"  !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

O/T, but I just came across a very Jersey-centric photo:

two teachers who met and fell in love in the Kenilworth/Roselle Park area, exit 138 off the Garden State Parkway, where this photo was taken

Smiley Very Happy

Weddings, Jersey style: A friend's intuition leads 2 teachers down the aisle | NJ.com

I'm not familiar with this area, JSS . . . but great photo!!

Thought you and the other Jersey babes would like it, JSS.  8)

It's in central NJ, my hometown area.

Except I was exit 135, LOL.

We consider the GSP "the shore highway," because it is on the east side and the NJTurnpike is more middle toward west side.  My LBI daughter uses the GSP to go to work every day.  No trucks, right?  I would be horrified if any of my girls had to use the NJT for daily commutes.

You are even further up than where she gets off though.  I'll have to look at a map.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

O/T, but I just came across a very Jersey-centric photo:

two teachers who met and fell in love in the Kenilworth/Roselle Park area, exit 138 off the Garden State Parkway, where this photo was taken

Smiley Very Happy

Weddings, Jersey style: A friend's intuition leads 2 teachers down the aisle | NJ.com

I'm not familiar with this area, JSS . . . but great photo!!

Thought you and the other Jersey babes would like it, JSS.  8)

It's in central NJ, my hometown area.

Except I was exit 135, LOL.

We consider the GSP "the shore highway," because it is on the east side and the NJTurnpike is more middle toward west side.  My LBI daughter uses the GSP to go to work every day.  No trucks, right?  I would be horrified if any of my girls had to use the NJT for daily commutes.

You are even further up than where she gets off though.  I'll have to look at a map.

Yep, no big trucks.

It's north to south, unlike the east-to-west NJT.

I couldn't handle commuting on the turnpike as well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JSS, the Turnpike is north/south as well, although a little curvier than the GSP which is straight up and down.  I'm going to google a map next.

OK, just looked at a map.  Actually the Turnpike is way west of the GSP, and straighter up and down (north/south).  The GSP is right along the shore on the east side and is actually curvier at the top than the Turnpike.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I loved the high-top skates at the rink, as my lo-tech bottom-of-shoe skates were always falling off and bringing me to grief as a sidewalk skater.

The "real" skates at the rink really helped with stability.  I loved to skate.  Our Girl Scout troup regularly traveled the 7 miles or so to the nearest Hammond-organ equipped rink.  Those were happy afternoons.

Our rink had a real organ and organ player as well.  Can you imagine that existing these days? 

Formerly Ford1224