Honored Contributor

Someone help welcome me into this decade. I'm just not tech savvy. It took me forever to get the functions of my computer down & then was gifted my IPad and started  here on forums/blogs & had to learn an entire new vocabulary and skill set...still learning: now I know how to hit "quote" before posting so folks aren't searching for what I'm replying to....

Anyone want to try to give me a quick explanation of what is Instagram and Twitter? Why is it such a sensation? 

Honored Contributor

I use Twitter mostly for news, weather and traffic reports.    Twitter puts out information in an instant.   I don't want to wait until something shows up on the TV news or a news website.    I don't "tweet".   I just like to stay on top of information that interests me.  I "follow" my local TV news programs, to include the weather and traffic reports. The various reporters & meterologists, traffic reports have their own Twitter account.  They put out information all during the day.     

Like anything else on the internet, it's what you make it.    

@Shanus

Honored Contributor

Between Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Periscope, and Instagram (I think those are the major ones), I primarily use Instagram.

Instagram (owned & developed by Facebook) is an app used to share photos and very short videos, and now you can also connect directly to websites from there as well.  Like all of them, there are pitfalls and negative aspects -- but that's unfortunately a feature of all of them. 

I use it to learn about things I'm interested in, and connect directly with other artists, fashion & jewelry designers, follow travel companies, real estate, TV shows, sports, breaking news, etc.  It's my choice who and what I want to follow.  You can make your own site "private" so no one can access your posts without you inviting them to "follow" you.  You can also have direct messages sent which are not seen by anyone else.  I direct messaged a jewelry designer in NY after I saw a photo of a pair of earrings she posted.  I asked if she could change the design and how much?  She was thrilled -- she made a custom pair for me and the price was very reasonable.  She put them on her website as "sold out" so I could buy them from her verified website. 

I only check into FB to see how everyone (that I follow) is doing, but I am on Instagram about once a day.  95% of my family & friends are there.

They all definitely have pros & cons, but for the way I use it, it works for me.  I don't do Twitter, Snapchat or Periscope, so I don't have firsthand knowledge about those.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I like twitter for quick news, same as @software.

You get a picture and mostly a one-liner!

I use FB to keep up with family and friends. As far as privacy, in my opinion FB is more difficult to "set" so everything isn't up for PUBLIC viewing. HTH

Keep trying and asking!😉

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Don't forget Pinterest and Tumblr

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Don't forget Pinterest and Tumblr

Oh Geez. Forgot those. Thanks a lot. 🙃

Honored Contributor

Instagram is a great way to visually keep in touch with friends and family and to get views of places around the world.  

If you like animals, you can follow pix of dogs, kittens or exotic animals.

Almost anything you want to see.