Honored Contributor

I want Gomez Addams' train...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: TWISTER TRAX

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

THanks Missy..they don't look dangerous for a two year old though.Maybe it is just a little frustrating for them to sit and watch.I thought the price was good and liked the storage bag.I guess I need to keep looking

As long as someone is supervising. . Maybe, because of the small parts of the cars?

Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I cannot believe how much air time this TSV toy is getting.  Hours and hours!!!  This may top WEN, Serta, Vitamix for the most boring day of viewing.  My TV will be off.

You might consider asking Santa for a DVR/TiVo or a DVD Recorder. Then you can watch WHAT you WANT and WHEN you want to watch it. Also can Fast Forward and/or do Commercial Skip and you can watch a regular 1 hour show in a bit over 40 minutes.

Great time shifting technology that has been around for consumers since the late 1960's. Plus it can temper many programming complaints. I would be more than happy to help you with this.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

WOW! A little snarky this Thanksgiving!

Trusted Contributor

A 2 or 3 year old can play with this. The only thing they would have trouble with is the dexterity to snap the track pieces together. And actually, once they are snapped, you can just roll it up to put it away, all snapped for next time. No need to undo it. The pieces just push into each other and snap (end to end).

I have 5 sets of this track. Started with one set when my grandson was 2. He LOVES this track. I keep adding a set at birthday and holiday (and sometimes just because). He is now 6.5 and we have a BLAST now that we have so much track. Hours of play. Laughter galore as I (or he) sneaks a car off the track and sends it driving in another direction.

Because it is flexible, whenever GS gets it out, we have enough track now to go from one room, around the table legs. Over the rungs of chairs; then change our minds and run it down the hallway, and into the front room.

Of course, we also now have 9 cars, so he has a lot of fun lining them up deciding which car gets to go "first". Because I got the sets at different times, we only have one set of duplicate cars. The rest are an assortment of emergency vehicles, 4x4, a jeep, a school bus, an ambulance, and various race cars.

Great toy, any age 2 to grandparent and any age in between.

They also just run on their own, not on the track, and he has fun doing that also. 9 cars running all over the hours can be quite fun (and funny).

This track is the best toy I ever got him, and at 6.5 he is still just as interested in it. This summer we took it outside and made "hamster wheels" for the cars, and had those rolling all over the driveway.

Can you hear the "big kid" in me? This is a very interactive toy (but the more sets, the better). Lots of imagination comes in to play as they age up. But even at age 2 he had fun. Not a hard toy to play with. By age 3.5 he was fully able to snap the track himself. Teachable moments happen also, such as putting all one color together, then all of another color, and so on....