Esteemed Contributor

TROUBLE PLACING ORDER AT WALMART.COM

While placing an order yesterday - and I have placed several - I got and error message when I hit checkout.  It said, We're sorry.  An error has occurred.  Please return to your cart.

I went through this several times, the same thing.  I went through the Chat and they couldn't help nor place the order because of security issues.  They gave me an 800 number to call.  I did this morning and had to place my order by phone.  The agent told me to shut down my computer and reboot.  That should take care of it.  I did, it didn't. 

I don't want to call an 800 number every time I place an order with them.  This is not a grocery order.

Any suggestions that I can follow that aren't too complicated LOL.  I admit to being stupid about these things. Woman Sad  I haven't issues with other sites.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: TROUBLE PLACING ORDER AT WALMART.COM

I've been ordering with Walmart.com for years.....make sure all your information is current....address....billing address....credit card/debit card.....I had one issue and it was from a not current credit/debit card....just hit edit and this might be the fix....hth

Honored Contributor

I've had this problem with Walmart before.  

If you still have an open cart, delete and close the website.  If you don't cancel the order, Walmart will keep it for quite a long time waiting for you to come back.  

Delete your cookies?  Then shut down and on.

Try placing your order again.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I've had this problem with Walmart before.  

If you still have an open cart, delete and close the website.  If you don't cancel the order, Walmart will keep it for quite a long time waiting for you to come back.  

Delete your cookies?  Then shut down and on.

Try placing your order again.  

Please don't laugh (or worse), but how do you delete your cookies?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs 

Look up to the very upper right corner of your screen and there should be three dots. Click the three dots, choose More tools and click Clear browsing data. A window will open, check the Cookies box and hit the Clear data button.

Respected Contributor

I was having all kinds of trouble not being able to sign in to certain websites.  We unplugged our modem and router and disconnected them from the internet cable.  Let them rest for a few minutes and then reconnected them and plugged them back in.  Solved all my problems.  

Our son in law is in IT at a major corporation and he says to do this regularly.  It seems to solve many of my issues that come up.  Hope it may help you too.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

Look up to the very upper right corner of your screen and there should be three dots. Click the three dots, choose More tools and click Clear browsing data. A window will open, check the Cookies box and hit the Clear data button.

Thank you so much, @.  I did what you instructed.  On the page where I checked the cookies box, there was also a box to check for browsing history and cached images.  I didn't check those.  Also it asked for how long back to clear and I hit the last 4 weeks.  Should I change any of those choices?  I haven't attempted the Walmart site yet, but I did have to log in again on this site.  I take it the clearing did that........?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I just got the error message again when trying to place an order at Walmart.  Should I clear the browsing history and the cached images, too?  Should I also choose to clear for the longest time frame back?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

Thank you so much, @.  I did what you instructed.  On the page where I checked the cookies box, there was also a box to check for browsing history and cached images.  I didn't check those.  Also it asked for how long back to clear and I hit the last 4 weeks.  Should I change any of those choices?  I haven't attempted the Walmart site yet, but I did have to log in again on this site.  I take it the clearing did that........?

@tends2dogs 

I check all three boxes and I choose for All time. When you clear stuff then you will need to login again at all of your sites.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I cleared everything for all time......it made me nervous while I was waiting LOL, however, I still got the error message at Walmart.  I may try the router off/on suggestion when DH gets done with what he is doing on his computer.  This is frustrating and I really appreciate your help.  At the very least, I now know how to clear my cookies.  Wow, 67 and still learning........a good thing!

Thanks so much for your time and patience.  I will let you know how it goes. Woman Wink

OT  I am still waiting for my order of Retin A from All Day Chemist.  It is suppose to be here the first week of December.  I am glad I ordered several tubes.  In the meantime I am using the older tube I had.  I believe that it has some potency left because I have had some flaking.  My pores look cleaner, therefore smaller.  Is that due to the Retin A?