Valued Contributor

Re: TROLL? Why be rude to others?

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:
I mean no offense by this comment, but, have you seen the roads with rudeness?  Those people are not anonymous, nor are the ones in grocery stores, retail stores and work.  Oh, I forgot the gym. Rudeness is "the new normal"
@Deanie
in my world i don't find that much rudeness.  maybe i lead a very sheltered life.  lol 

Thankfully, we do not have much rudeness where I live.  Actually it is the opposite with people being so friendly they will often ask the name of your parents as if they have know one's family all their lives.   I am certain that will eventually change but for now I will enjoy the happy people.  We live in a slow paced area of the country. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need to have a thick skin to post here. I hadn't posted for quite a while, and when I tried to sign on, I had to re-register. I was able to keep the same user name, but my post count disappeared. I'm not new and I wasn't banned, but I'm sure someone will be along in short order to claim that's the absolute truth. It's the nature of the beast. 

~not a new poster, not a new name, never banned, not my first day at the rodeo~
Valued Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i read that thread OP and to be honest no one was rude to you. one post was like, move along...yada yafa  hardly accusatory

i do wonder about clothing and interests in clothing and buying clothes shoes and accessories.

and you having to ask fiancee to attend therapy?   was therapy YOUR idea? do you think she will stop? she has to WANT to stop shopping!  unless she WANTS to stop it is very difficult to stop even after three pickup truckloads of donations to Sal

Best Wishes in the New Year!

It  is very important for my fiancee to have a nice professional wardrobe that is up to date on style.  It is beneficial to her position at her Corporation.  I do not mind how many clothes she has but she was stressing over having a mess and not being able to find anything.  As far as therapy, this was already being done due to our future marriage which was advisable by the Church before the wedding.  She actually buys very few items but has not changed sizes for years so the clothes have just accumulated and some never worn.  Trust me, if it made her happy she could make a closet out of my entire garage, etc. if that made her happy.  

Thank you for the wise advice as it is good advice.  

Happy New Year to you also!

Valued Contributor

Weclome Back FrostyBabe!   I personally have never posted on a forum so I am learning the hard way how and where to post.  I look forward to seeing you around and you may be one I need some advice from when making purchases.   

I have finally figured out we can't expect people here to be like the ones we expose ourselves to daily although there are some really great people here.   They have been a great help to me many times.  

Hope to see you around soon.

Respected Contributor

If you let people know the rude remarks get to you it's best to turn around and never come back here. There are posters who slobber with glee when others reveal vulnerablility/weakness/hurt feelings. They trounce all over it. Best not to let what a bunch of strangers say bother you or be prepared to deal with them mocking you. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i read that thread OP and to be honest no one was rude to you. one post was like, move along...yada yafa  hardly accusatory

i do wonder about clothing and interests in clothing and buying clothes shoes and accessories.

and you having to ask fiancee to attend therapy?   was therapy YOUR idea? do you think she will stop? she has to WANT to stop shopping!  unless she WANTS to stop it is very difficult to stop even after three pickup truckloads of donations to Sal

Best Wishes in the New Year!

No offense but you have an interest in my wanting to buy jewelry and clothing.  I have a fiancee I am trying my best to keep.  I have daughters with a deceased mother.  So call me Mrs. Mom or whatever but it is not only males that have to buy womans clothing.    I hope this helps you understand that this was the reason I came here in the first place.  

Once again, may 2016 be a year go good health and happiness for you.

Valued Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

If you let people know the rude remarks get to you it's best to turn around and never come back here. There are posters who slobber with glee when others reveal vulnerablility/weakness/hurt feelings. They trounce all over it. Best not to let what a bunch of strangers say bother you or be prepared to deal with them mocking you. 

Trust me, the stuff on this forum is minor to me.  I just do not think it is ladylike or showing good morals to insult others.  I would want someone to take a stand for my children and I am doing so for the other ladies here.  If this fulfulls the need of someone in desperate hope of self esteem, than they have benefited also.  Thanks very much for sharing this information with me. 

Respected Contributor

@INDIANA BONES Enjoy the time you spend here. Otherwise it isn't worth your time. Cute doggie you have there. Happy New Year to you : )

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@INDIANA BONES Enjoy the time you spend here. Otherwise it isn't worth your time. Cute doggie you have there. Happy New Year to you : )

Thank you very much.    Wishes for you and your loved ones to have a Wonderful 2016

BTW that dog is my rescue Iggy.  

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:
I mean no offense by this comment, but, have you seen the roads with rudeness?  Those people are not anonymous, nor are the ones in grocery stores, retail stores and work.  Oh, I forgot the gym. Rudeness is "the new normal"
@Deanie
in my world i don't find that much rudeness.  maybe i lead a very sheltered life.  lol 

....................................................................................................

In my world I don't find rudeness.    

None in our home,  all the social clubs,  shopping in our town, eating out, etc..    Everyone is always nice, kind and friendly to each other.  

The only rudeness I find is right here in this forum.