Valued Contributor

Re: TRIBUTE TO CECIL

[ Edited ]

Intriguing image.

Its always fascinating that certain people in this world can see the power, beauty, significance and innate dignity within all living things ...while other people are so blind to it all that they get their jollies in objectify and killing it all.

How to get people to SEE things as they really are rather than remaining too bothered (and vain) to even look. That's a mystery of the human soul in the end.

Honored Contributor

biancardi,

Thank you so much for identifying the artist, I am very grateful.  Oddly, Christos is a hero of mine, I followed his installations and was fortunate to see some of them.

Knowing it is his gives the work even more meaning to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIBUTE TO CECIL

[ Edited ]

@Adelina wrote:

Beautiful @Drythe!  It made me think about lions in symbology and in folklore, and of course, as animal totems.  One of the many symbols a lion represents is that of Justice. Perhaps that was Cecil's life purpose on some level...... 

Adelina,

I hope out of this tragedy comes some good, and yes, justice for Cecil.  As a Libra, I see justice as an absolute necessity to the foundation of any evolved society.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

BEAUTIFUL.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this beautiful art and thoughts, Drythe

I LOVE that you made it your avatar!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

It is beautiful, Drythe!  In the Bay Area, we've been lucky enough to have a couple of works by Christos.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

It is beautiful, Drythe!  In the Bay Area, we've been lucky enough to have a couple of works by Christos.

@NoelSeven  Do you mean the SF Bay Area?  I didn't know this and I live there.  (Of course, there is plenty of stuff I don't know!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It does capture his majesty. Thank you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

This is beautiful and so very touching.  Heart

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Bless you Cecil.

May your death light a fire which shines around the world putting an end to Game Hunting for sport, trophies, fashion, and pseudo medicine. May your memory make this a better place for all animals. May your death not have been in vain.

ROAR CECIL !11053634_1003976586300615_7023251971025252025_o.jpg

art by Christos

Let the spirits of Cecil and Jericho (and the spirits of all creatures killed in vain - whether human or animal) help us make the world a safe place.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.