Esteemed Contributor

Re: TMZ Reporting Debbie Reynolds Rushed to ER

G_d bless their souls.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

THIS WAS POSTED BY TMZ JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO:

Debbie Reynolds -- who rose to stardom in "Singin' in the Rain" and quickly became a staple among Hollywood royalty -- died Wednesday as a result of a stroke, TMZ has learned ... just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away ... this according to her son Todd.

Debbie was rushed to a hospital shortly after 1 PM when someone at the Beverly Hills home of her son, Todd, called 911 to report a possible stroke. We're told Debbie and Todd were making funeral plans for Carrie, who died Tuesday of cardiac arrest.

Debbie famously divorced Eddie Fisher in 1959 after his affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Debbie married 2 more times in 1960 and 1984.

She played iconic roles in "Tammy and the Bachelor" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" ... for which she earned an Oscar nomination.

Carrie's relationship with Debbie was the focus of Carrie's semi-autobiographical book, "Postcards from the Edge," which was later adapted for the big screen, starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.

Debbie's survived by her son Todd, who tells us, "She's with Carrie."

She was 84.

http://www.tmz.com/

She was a strong, talented, woman, with human fallibility, and she persevered through major challenges in her life.    May she, and her daughter, rest in peace.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Todd still has 2 half sisters, by his father ,and Connie Stevens. I  don't know if they are  close, but I saw a picture of Joely and Debbie together, looking  very happy

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  Each one of them was famous in their own right and I think deserve two separate funerals. Woman Sad

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Todd still has 2 half sisters, by his father ,and Connie Stevens. I  don't know if they are  close, but I saw a picture of Joely and Debbie together, looking  very happy

I read that all the siblings were close and were devastated by Carrie's death 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@cherry

Connie Stevens' daughters were close to Carrie and loved Debbie so much they called her Mama.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Todd and his neice are going to need all the support they can get. Todd is an ordained minister and has his own church