Honored Contributor

TINY OWL SUBMITS TO EXAMINATION

FVTjPUMWQAA9sVn.jpg

This image is one of the finalists in the "Bird Photographer of the Year 2022" competition.  Look at those piercing eyes, my goodness! 

Poor little guy, you wish you could tell him, hang on, it will be over soon!   (That's what I tell myself in medical situations...)

The picture shows the work of the Manitoba Burrowing Owl Recovery program in Canada.

Another finalist was this black and yellow broadbill spreading its beautiful wings in Malaysia.  Love the color combos here:

FVTiz6PXoAEWtBN.jpg 

Honored Contributor

Re: TINY OWL SUBMITS TO EXAMINATION

@Oznell 

Who sponsors this?  The Audubon Society? .... what beautiful pictures ....   aw ...   Heart

Respected Contributor

Amazing photo of that tiny owl! 

Esteemed Contributor

Just wonderful pictures. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Oznell 

That bird is so beautiful and reminds me of one of your posts:

mistakes_20-1.jpg

The owl is as cute as can be.  I can see why it won!

Honored Contributor

I don't know if the competition is sponsored by a bird group or if it's just an independent photography organization, @Tinkrbl44 .   It was "New Scientist" online which was mentioning the competition, but did not identify it further.

@jubilant,  ha, I too was comparing those ravishing bird colors to "rooms in my head".   We interior design fans have a tendency to do that, don't we?

Honored Contributor

Beautiful photos!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Being an animal advocate I appreciate all the people who are out there helping animals in need.  The photo of the owl is touching and I hope it recovers and thrives.  The bird photo is filled with such beauty in the colors and wing span !!  I always say nature gives us such spectacular gifts!!!!

Honored Contributor

I want that living room.  I love the furniture and decor. That would be a dream room of mine.  I don't even have those colors in my house.  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty,  I had the same reaction to that room, which was on the "Ballard Designs" website.  The unusual combination of colors, and the furniture and decor, all just work together so well!