Esteemed Contributor

Re: THOSE robo calls are starting up

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I have AT&T for my landline and I was able to sign up for no more robo. Must be not all AT&T lines can sign up. 

I have my landline with AT&T too, but no more robo is not available in my area.

Ditto for me too.

I too, have AT&T for my landline, and No Mo Robo is NOT available in my area either.

Super Contributor

It's the best feature from AT&T, I love it.  The endless annoying calls have become history.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Comcast for my phone.  Seems the Robo calls keep coming.  If I don't recognize number I do not answer.  

My cell phone is also taking these calls.  But since I cannot find the thing anyway it does not matter to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am now getting unknown calls on my cell phone.  This is even more aggravating than on the land line (I have and love Nomorobo).

Honored Contributor

I got rid of my landline about five years ago because all that was on the machine at the end of the day were sales calls ect.....  I also only answer calls on my cell phone if I know the number which means it usually will have a name attached to it if I entered in my phone.  Otherwise whoever is calling can leave a message and if I want to listen later I do, or not.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I have AT&T for my landline and I was able to sign up for no more robo. Must be not all AT&T lines can sign up. 

It depends on the area that you're in, plus it depends on whether or not you have Voice Over Internet Protocol service (VOIP), or an older landline phone service.

It does not work on an older landline, or for cell. phone service, but does work for the newer VOIP phone service, where your phone is connected through the internet. 

Respected Contributor

Purchased a call blocker from Amz it works like a dream.

Upon seeing an unfamiliar # just press the big read block button, that's it. Next time that # attempts to call the phone will not ring, it is blocked. There is also a delete feature it you block # in error.

One of the very best purchases I've ever made, now I just love pressing the block button!

Honored Contributor

@athenian wrote:

Check out No More Robo.  It blocks robo calls after one ring.  It's free.  Won't block those live callers from the "IRS" or "microsoft" but it has made our lives a lot quieter.

Best thing I ever did was sign up for that!

Honored Contributor

I do not answer my phone unless I recognize the number.  When I am home during the day it is amazing how many times my phone rings with random numbers.

Frequent Contributor

Yes they are starting up. What a nuisance!!!!!!!