Esteemed Contributor

THE REVENANT FANTASTIC MOVIE

A few nights ago I was scrolling the TV Guide and saw they were showing The Revenant so decided to take advantage of a good thing.  All I can say is that whatever Leo DiCaprio was paid he earned and than some.  If he had not won the Oscar for that performance he would have been robbed.  I cannot imagine how difficult a role that was to play.  He admitted there were times he was very cold and uncomfortable.  Some scenes were difficult to watch, all and all a fantastic movie with top rated acting.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: THE REVENANT FANTASTIC MOVIE

I agree. I thought it was very good and Leo is one heck of an actor IMHO .

Valued Contributor

I agree....he was exceptional in that movie! I, too, saw it was on and taped it to watch for the second time. Hard to imagine it was actually based on a true story. Not many could survive what his character went through.

Esteemed Contributor

05gage25...I did not know it was based on a true story.  The will to survive for whatever reason is amazingly strong and the body can withstand the most horrific pain and suffering.  Unbelievable.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Oddly this was not a favorite flick of mine....

Valued Contributor

The revenant was one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The acting was marvelous and Leo did an unbelievable first rate job, I don't think I could have done it.  It is a must see movie. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

A few nights ago I was scrolling the TV Guide and saw they were showing The Revenant so decided to take advantage of a good thing.  All I can say is that whatever Leo DiCaprio was paid he earned and than some.  If he had not won the Oscar for that performance he would have been robbed.  I cannot imagine how difficult a role that was to play.  He admitted there were times he was very cold and uncomfortable.  Some scenes were difficult to watch, all and all a fantastic movie with top rated acting.

@Lindsays Grandma

I agree with you 100%!  DH & I watched this movie and we hardly moved through the whole thing.  It was disturbing and compelling, wasn't it?  Very intense and moving.    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

i agree this movie was terrifc and leo's acting was superb as always.  i have been waiting for some time for him to get his oscar.  i felt he has deserved it a couple times.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was great too. A lot of people thought it was too slow. 

Contributor

Although I think Leo is a great actor, I think this was not his best performance.  The movie was good, but something about it just didn't make it a great movie for me.  I am glad that he finally won the best actor award, but felt he should have definitely won before this role.