Valued Contributor

Re: THE POLICE HAVE REAL WORK TO DO.....

@Citrine1 maybe the caller was stupid. Unfortunately stupid isn't against the law.

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@hckynutjohnAll the neighbor had to do was mind her business.  It was not a mobile decoration.

@gertrudecloset 

Looks like my other post got canceled. Must have offended someone by expressing my opinion. At least I don't hear the Sheriff knocking on my door. 

Usually, in my experience here, if 1 post gets canceled, another with an opposing view, also gets the poof! Guess it's just me this time.

Anyways, I salute all the First Responders, for doing a lot of thankless work to protect us.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

@Citrine1 maybe the caller was stupid. Unfortunately stupid isn't against the law.

@KKWA   Good thing, too, or our jails would really be overflowing.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

While this is certainly a ridiculous reason to call, police are required to respond. The neighbor is the problem.

Being a cop can be hellish work and this cop probably laughed as he drove away.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something out of the ordinary?  They say, "if you see it, say something".  What if......

There's no way you can win.  Be on the safe side.  Who knows, it scared the people who called it in.  

For whatever reason, this scared the neighbor enough, that he/she felt they needed to call the police.  She was a scared neighbor.

Super Contributor

"a male standing outside. He is naked. He has a robe covering part of his body. He is exposing himself, and he has a hose between his legs.” This is what was reported by the person calling in the complaint, per the news report. 🤷‍♀️
Esteemed Contributor

Ladybug724 wrote:
chrystaltree wrote:

The display is crazy and I don't get the joke so the neighbors didn't get it either. But calling the police is just as crazy.  

chrystaltree  It's a famous scene from the movie Christmas Vacation.

I'm thinking the person who called the police doesn't like their neighbor.

ny breaking

Kentucky Woman’s Festive Tribute To Cousin Eddie From National Lampoons Sparks Police Callout

Kentucky police were called to the scene of a man who allegedly exposed himself outside a home, only to find a tribute to the beloved Christmas movie, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

A dispatcher in Shepherdsville described the bizarre scene as “a man standing outside.” He is naked. He has a robe that covers part of his body. He is exposing himself and has a hose between his legs.

But when officers got there, they were met with a much less sinister surprise: a mannequin dressed as Randy Quaid’s foul-mouthed character ‘Cousin Eddie’ in the 1989 film, standing proud on the lawn.

The mannequin was wearing a robe and hat, raising a beer and smoking a cigar.

Kentucky police called for 'Cousin Eddie' Christmas display – United States  KNews.MEDIA

An overturned armchair with a cat silhouette to represent the Griswold family cat who is electrocuted in a tragic mishap with the Christmas lights.

Police in Shepherdsville Kentucky were called to the scene of a man who allegedly exposed himself only to find out that it was a tribute to the National Lampoon movie Christmas Vacation.

(Below) ‘Cousin Eddie’ in the 1989 film National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Wearing his bathrobe, piping the septic system from his motorhome into the sewer. 

Yuletide Lessons From Cousin Eddie - LOCALPittsburgh

Cousin Eddie (aka Elf on the Shelf) is on Christmas Vacation. Description  from pinterest.… | Funny christmas pictures, Cousin eddie christmas  vacation, Cousin eddie

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Stars: Then & Now - Page 5 of 26 -  CollegeFreakz

Best Cousin Eddie Quotes from Christmas Vacation | Christmas vacation cast,  Cousin eddie quote, Cousin eddie

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@KKWA wrote:

@KKWA   Good thing, too, or our jails would really be overflowing.  

~~~~~

@SloopJohnB    ROFL!!!  Woman Happy

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior