Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE POLICE HAVE REAL WORK TO DO.....

In today's world! Citizens at large are not allowed to offend others. Even if it is "other", minus the letter, S. When offended? 

Get offender canceled/fired or arrested, or all of them. The era of "can't hurt their feelings" started in the '80's. I remember discussing just this topic with my nephew, who at that time, was a school teacher. He quit teaching soon after and became a jack-of-all-trades. Less pains in the butt, and a lot better income.

Wasn't long after that came the "everyone gets a trophy"! 

The nerve of these people putting up something like this to offend that individual.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The display is crazy and I don't get the joke so the neighbors didn't get it either. But calling the police is just as crazy.  

@chrystaltree It's a famous scene from the movie Christmas Vacation.

I'm thinking the person who called the police doesn't like their neighbor.

@Ladybug724 

Well, if the neighbor (or anyone else) never saw the movie, it's not a "famous scene" to them.  

Just like @chrystaltree, I never saw that movie, either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't recall seeing this movie either, so this scene would be unfamiliar to me also.

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

10 2 MORTAL GLADYS KRAVITZ's ideas | bewitching, elizabeth montgomery,  bewitched elizabeth montgomery

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I immediately recognized this as from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Funny movie. Wouldn't be my choice in decoration, but it definitely made me grin because I've seen the movie and understand the reference. Ridiculous that the police were called. Geez. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting.

Esteemed Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior wrote:

I'm thinking

As someone who was near one of the most recent, very scary, bloody "mass shootings," (having averted my own danger there by less then 1 hour),

I'm wondering

Is it possible that these ppl reported this, trying to be a more alert public?   albeit seemingly "clumsy"

Seems many of these  "young shooter perps"  had a history of  "out of the ordinary,"  strange behavior, in advance of their created bloody shooting?      

And it turns out, that ppl who saw these "young perps" strange behavior, *did nothing* to alert authorities to these strange advance behaviors, which might have possibly to avert the "bloody carnage."

Just a thought.

Quite possible @JoyFilled Warrior .  However, if the nosey neighbor paid more attention they would notice the thing couldn't move.  Just say'n......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@JoyFilled Warrior I totally agree that we need to be alert to strange behaviors. If this scene had the guy holding any type of weapon, instead of a Bud, and a hose, I'd be concerned. I'd want it's intent looked into, too.

I saw the comedy in it. But, the problem is, that this type of display is open to different interpretations and sensitivities. 

Calling the police was too much, but if the subdivision has an HOA, and it was reported, they would not be happy with it either, funny, or not.

I don't even have an HOA and I know I'd get grief from neighbors, if I put up such a display. Maybe for Halloween, I would get a pass. 

I would be concerned if that thing moved @BlueFinch .  Not some hard figure just standing there in that same pose.  Had the neighbor bothered to look for five minutes straight to see if water was coming from the hose, or that the thing had it's arm out for five minutes and it didn't move ~ common sense should have prevailed.  Alas it did not.  The stupidity in calling the police.  I read the police took pics of it and had a good laugh with the homeowner.  Nosey homeowner probably closed her curtains in shame.

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

10 2 MORTAL GLADYS KRAVITZ's ideas | bewitching, elizabeth montgomery,  bewitched elizabeth montgomery

I love this and I remember the face from a show I used to watch.  The neighbor who did the calling probably feels so lowly by now @silkyk 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohnAll the neighbor had to do was mind her business.  It was not a mobile decoration.