Esteemed Contributor

I guess I forgot such a thing existed.  Would be nice for gift.

Respected Contributor

I remember my grandmother and giving plates. They plates did not have the saying on them then. It was understood.The plates would be chosen by the owner to become giving plates. I remember going to events where people brought giving plates full of goodies. The events were often fund raisers to help others in need.  At the end of the celebration all left with a different giving plate with treats they chose. On the back of the plate they journaled where the plate went. My grandmother felt very blessed when a plate returned to her and yet she was ready to send it on another journey.

My grandmother traveled around the sun many times so she ended up with a collection of giving plates. When some of her friends passed the plates often got sent to her. I loved it when I got to go to her house and pick the china to use. I always wanted the "giving " china because it was a variety of different plates. It was amazing that they were fine porcelain as well. I could read the names on the back of the plates and my grandmother would remember when the plate came to her and what was on it.

I don't think many people do it anymore.  Thanks for reminding me of a memory?

doxie

Respected Contributor

Re: THE GIVING PLATE

[ Edited ]

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I JUST HEARD ABOUT IT    HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD ABOUT IT. GOOGLE IT AND IT WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT      QVC SHOULD SELL THEM   WHAT A WONDERFULL GIFT TO GIVE TO SOMEONE AND THEY PASS IT ON 

@elizabethl123   QVC should still have some in the Pfaltzgraff Winterberry pattern.  I order them at Christmas.

H184457
Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Family & Friends Plate of Sharing