Super Contributor

Hosts, Courtney Cason, on Beauty IQ used the phrase "speakes-to-my-soul " when selling a hair spray recently; Amy Stran used words that conveyed "her soul" Monday on how much she likes grommets on a SG jacket.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "My Soul".....for selling?

Once one of them uses a catch phrase, they all seem to use it.  Very few hosts are original, natural and just themselves.

Honored Contributor

You better start worrying if some "commercial item" is speaking to your soul......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

Once one of them uses a catch phrase, they all seem to use it.  Very few hosts are original, natural and just themselves.

Have you tried doing that job? Do you understand how hard it is? What is it with everyone criticizing the hosts? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It probably started with Shawn's "hear my soul speak" ring.  It's a wide band with that engraved on it.  She sold it on the Q for a long time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Well, thats a little bit ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

Hosts have a job to do and will say what they need to say that will get their target to make a purchase.  I don't fault the hosts, but feel a mix of dislike and pity for anyone who falls for that sales pitch.  Imagine watching QVC and thinking, why yes, this speaks to my heart, too, so here's my credit card. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I thought the exact same thing!  And when she used it back then, I didn't understand what it meant.  I still don't..  She said it was from Shakespeare,  

Honored Contributor

If the hosts didn't have to spend 15 minutes and more talking about an item that can be explained in less than 5 minutes maybe they wouldn't have to resort to stupid phrases.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

If the hosts didn't have to spend 15 minutes and more talking about an item that can be explained in less than 5 minutes maybe they wouldn't have to resort to stupid phrases.

Exactly.

They spend so much time on one item, they have to fill it with all this useless chatter.  It's so annoying...