Honored Contributor

wwwww.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe

The other day I read a medical article on what to stay away from during Thanksgiving.  Stuffing/Dressing topped the list, and then of course gravy and mashed potatoes.  It went on about there being too much sugar in cranberries, and of course the pies, and a few other items I can't remember at the moment.

And yes, they did it with a straight face, so to speak.  I wanted to call them and ask what THEY had for Thanksgiving dinner Woman Frustrated

Well, I don't eat the cranberry sauce.  Guess that helps some.   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: THANKSGIVING ALERT

[ Edited ]

Cranberries are a super fruit.  It's when you buy them in a bottle or a can that there is waaay too much sugar.

Just saw a smoothie done on tv this morning using fresh cranberries, hibiscus tea, mint (mint is as nutritious as kale!) and ice.

A healthy toast--to your health!

Honored Contributor

Hi @Lucky Charm Smiley Happy

I agree with you.  I make my own cran sauce every year: sugar, cinnamon, a little cloves, orange juice, orange zest, and Gran Mariner or Curacao.  I might be leaving something out.

Esteemed Contributor

That'scute! :-) We save calories by going out to eat (one plate of food). My kids (and grandkids) go to their dads family Thanksgiving. We also go to the movies that day! So no cooking, just leisure time, which makes my day! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

That sounds like a perfect day!

Honored Contributor

jjj.jpg

Respected Contributor

true and funny.  i allways find your post ammusing. you seem like a cool person.

Honored Contributor

Well this thread was appropriate to find just after hitting the order button on-line for my two Thanksgiving pies from one of our local churches.  They have been baking them from scratch selling since the 1950's as a fundraiser.  No jello just pure scratch grandma ingredients.  So good and only one time per year.  Getting Buttermilk and Coconut for this year.  I can feel the cellulite growing right now just thinking of the pies.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

.  I wanted to call them and ask what THEY had for Thanksgiving dinner

@momtochloe, cinnamon flavored toothpicks.