Contributor

A new Thai restaurant opened near me.....not sure what's good to order.

Any ideas!

Thanks!

Have you ever tried Tom Yum soup?

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Contributor
Yes, the soup is excellent. Start out with mild anything. We love dishes with eggplant, pork, beef. Ask for sticky rice. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I like Tom Yum soup if it isn't too spicy (leave out the chiles for my taste).  Pad Thai is a tried-and-true dish that I make at home with rotisserie chicken.  

Honored Contributor

Re: THAI FOOD QUESTION

[ Edited ]

Red Curry Chicken. Ask for mild if you're not a fan of spicy food. It's delicious and made with coconut milk.

I also order it with tofu and my husband orders it with beef. It is served with white jasmine rice. Thai curry taste nothing like the Indian type of curry that uses yellow curry spices for flavor. There is nothing similar between the two except the word curry.

Spring rolls. They're  the Thai version of egg rolls. IMHO, they are better than Chinese egg rolls. They are fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Pad Thai is the national dish. It's always good no matter what. Real crowd pleaser. Can't go wrong with Pad Thai. Thai curry is always amazing as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 

Thai is my favorite ... and like others, I love Pad Thai.  They can add different proteins to it ...  chicken, beef, shrimp ...  and the noodles are made from rice, not wheat, and they are lighter.  

Now I won't be happy until I get some of my own.

OH!   A good tip .... be sure to get a take out menu when you leave.  That way you can take it home and familiarize yourself with the dishes they offer.

Have fun!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love Thai food.  All those mentioned are excellent.   I like drunken noodles, Chicken Satay and all the curries.  I spent a month in Thailand on vacation and never had a bad meal.  The menus usually describe their offerings in detail.  

Honored Contributor

Re: THAI FOOD QUESTION

[ Edited ]

The Thai soup where we go is EXCELLENT! Its spicy!!!

We always order the chicken, rice, and veggies in a special Thai spicy sauce with an order of spring rolls....YUM 😋

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Drunken Noodles, Green Papaya salad, Chicken Satay, Stuffed chiken wings, Pad See Eew

Valued Contributor

Drunken noodles, any dish with basil sauce, veggie tempura.