Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess true....

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Amazing why a list of quotes includes a political putdown of a former president; anxious to see if it gets zapped.

Que!Woman Surprised

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor
I find Robin William’s comment very sad but true at the same time. I don’t find any of the other comments particularly profound,
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess 

@lovesrecess wrote:
Amazing why a list of quotes includes a political putdown of a former president; anxious to see if it gets zapped.

That,s mild ompare to the disrespect of this office.  

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess   I edited out #5 for you🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

seems like everyone with a big head has lots of quotes... here are some by Elizabeth Taylor. ( She hated being called Liz)

1: "Big girls need big diamonds"

2: "I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."

3: "I fell off my pink cloud with a thud."

4: "I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too - for being married so many times."

5: EDITED OUT

6: "I really don't remember much about Cleopatra. There were a lot of other things going on."

7: "I suppose when they reach a certain age some men are afraid to grow up. It seems the older the men get, the younger their new wives get."

8: "Im a survivor - a living example of what people can go through and survive."

9: "I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage."

10: "Everything makes me nervous - except making films."

11: "I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?"

12: "If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down."

13: "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."

14: "Success is a great deodorant."

15: "You find out who your real friends are when you're involved in a scandal."

16: "It's not the having, it's the getting."

17: "Marriage is a great institution."

18: "People who know me well, call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz."

19: "So much to do, so little done, such things to be."

20: "I don't like my voice. I don't like the way I look. I don't like the way I move. I don't like the way I act. I mean, period. So, you know, I don't like myself."

In 2009, Elizabeth Taylor also joined the Twitter revolution. During a stay in hospital, she tweeted to Kathy Ireland: "Thanks Darling for the beautiful flowers and all the prayers. Now can you just get my puppy past security?"

Much appreciated, thanks.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: TEN OF CHER'S QUOTES

[ Edited ]

When I think Cher quotes I think......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY

Valued Contributor

8.  "If you really want something you can figure out how

to make it happen."

---

I am still figuring out how I can make it happen that I play point guard in the NBA.

Seriously, though, there are many things that you cannot make happen, no matter how much you may want it. You will just be setting yourself up for failure. Accept reality.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Great words of wisdom. I especially appreciate #5.

Robin Willams words are so deep, so true, and so very

sad 😢. Reading them gave me goosebumps considering his tragic end.

Thank for posting, I enjoy 😉 reading your posts.

@IMW  I appreciate your kind response.  I post WORDS in hopes people will get pleasure from them.  It makes me happy to make others happy. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam