Respected Contributor

Sweet Magnolias

[ Edited ]

Anyone watching this on Netflix?  Only 1 season so far. We and are enjoying it very much.  It's a nice diversion and helps you forget all the craziness going on.  

Edited to amend title of post.

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker 

Do you maybe mean Sweet Magnolias? If so, I agree. It's a nice series and I enjoyed it too.

Of course I also loved Steel Magnolias but it's not a series and not on Netflix that I know of. 

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 thanks for the correction.  Guess I've been in the house too long.  Changed the title of my post.

Respected Contributor

i liked it a lot, i think there is a season 2, coming.(but not soon enough)

You might like Virgin River and Northern Rescue shows, if you need something after sweet magnolias.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker -

I started watching this and realized I had watched it before lol!

But now I'll watch it again because I don't remember what happened!Woman LOL

I like the characters and it was neat to see the This is Us actress (forgot her name of course) on there.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   I don't watch "This Is Us", but thought the woman who ran the restaurant, Dana Sue, was the one from TIU.  In checking the cast, I don't believe she's from that show if that's who you're thinking.  I could be wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweet Magnolias

[ Edited ]

Brooke Elliot, Dana Sue, was on Drop Dead Diva.   She is not on This is Us, at least not that I have seen.

ETA:  I really liked this series and look forward to it coming back for a second season.

ETAA:  The lead actress on Virgin River was on This is Us though.  

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker ,

@Wsmom -

Oh that's right! Thank you lol!

I so mixed up!

I did like Sweet Magnolias.

I liked Drop Dead Diva tooSmiley Happy

And yeah I don't watch this is us anymore.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay , I wasn't able to get past the midway point of the second season of This is Us.  Not a real likeable group IMO.  But I had read that the gal from Virgin River (which I do watch) was on there.  

Honored Contributor

I read a lot of reviews of this and a lot of people really slammed Jamie Lynn Spears and her acting or lack of it.

No, I thought she was wonderful in her role. She did it perfectly.