Honored Contributor

Re: Suze Orman returning to QVC

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Another show for my "what not to watch list".  It gets longer and longer....

Really @Kachina624... And of all the vendors they might have brought back... It's a head shaker...

@stevieb

I thought of you on a Q Talk Thread---it was double the "pleasure", double the "fun" with you fav male host on two channels at once..... I just knew you'd DVR both programs  Smiley Wink 

Not a chance in heck @Spurt... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

One of Suze Ormand's books got me back on track and out of consumer debt in the early 2000s, for which I am grateful.  It changed my life for the better. 

Now I have enough funds to see a financial adviser if things get bad again, but back then, I couldn't have done that.  The way she re-positioned my thinking about money was very, very helpful.  Haven't followed her fortunes recently but I will always be glad she was on QVC in the big collapse after 9/11, when I really got in trouble.

Honored Contributor

She was on so much in the past I am sure we have already seen and heard all she has to offer unless it is something updated.
Occasional Contributor

I was shocked and disgusted when Suze Orman said, If you can't afford to buy her $81.00 financial kit, then you probably shouldn't be watching QVC.  I hope QVC reprimanded her for that RUDE comment.

Valued Contributor

@TaylorR wrote:

I was shocked and disgusted when Suze Orman said, If you can't afford to buy her $81.00 financial kit, then you probably shouldn't be watching QVC.  I hope QVC reprimanded her for that RUDE comment.

Rude? sounds pretty on point to me. Shopping channels are for people that have the funds to make purchases.

Respected Contributor

I'm not saying she doesn't give good advice but it's also an opportunistic time to take advantage of people's fears and she's all about making money.

Super Contributor

I find her delivery condescending personally.

And I think it is cheaper in the long run hiring an Estate lawyer and having things set up right, then finding out later you messed up because you tried to DIY it using her tools.

Ditto on her investment advice too - I think she has incentive to recommend certain banks/investments.

Super Contributor

I hope Tony Robbins isn't resurrected as well Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I bought a few of her books back in the day. I thought they were very informative.  I told my teenage son about some of the info, especially warning him about cc debt.

After he graduated and got his first job, he bought The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke. It really helped him understand the importance of saving for retirement starting with his first job.  

Respected Contributor

Another resurrected thread from September!   As of 1/18/19 is she back at the Q or HSN or Evine?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~