Honored Contributor

Re: Surprising Encounter at Fast Food Stop

Personally, as long as his nails were clean, I see no reason he should be expected to change.  I;m about as vanilla in appearance as I can be, but I certainly would not want to live in that very, very conservative community.  I'd be ver, very out of place.

Color me intolerant -   of people who expect the other guy to change.

Respected Contributor

Now I'm wondering what an "alternative" shop is and what a different crowd is?Woman Frustrated

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

“Cluck, cluck”, said the  🐓 🐓🐓

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Now I'm wondering what an "alternative" shop is and what a different crowd is?Woman Frustrated

Me too! Woman Frustrated

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Me too! Woman Frustrated

There is a long in business store in the next town, called Utopia which sells drug paraphanalia, years ago black light pictures & probably today — vaping equipment. That could be considered an alternative shop.

It’s still in business! Woman Wink

Colorful shop offering smoking supplies, adult toys & vintage clothes plus tattoos & body piercings.’

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Me too! Woman Frustrated

There is a long in business store in the next town, called Utopia which sells drug paraphanalia, years ago black light pictures & probably today — vaping equipment. That could be considered an alternative shop.

It sounds like a Spencer's gift shop!  lol

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

More than that RD! I edited my post after I googled it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

I made the suggestion about losing the nails because he was very young and indicated interest in improving his market ability.  I also tipped him (not common for where he was working).

You meant well but I would never engage a person at the drive through window (or at the counter inside) in a personal conversation. They are doing their job, probably in a fast paced environment. Also, I think offering/taking a a tip is a bad idea. The employee is receiving payment and giving change to customers. He/she would have to pocket the tip, put it in the cash register or set it aside . Any of those actions could get the employee in trouble, probably fired. You were just trying to be nice but anything other than order and pay could cause more harm than good. 

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't return either.  

You would not return to fast food place because the server had long polished fingernails? 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Aren’t they handing you your takeout food in a bag? And the person putting the order together is wearing gloves? 

I’m so confused...... Woman Wink