Honored Contributor

I was in the grocery store yesterday and there were no empty shelves or empty anything. This was a regular grocery store not a warehouse one.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  I won't pretend to know why Spirit is having so many current problems, but Spirit has been unreliable for years.  As far back as 2012, we severed all ties with that airline after an ugly experience trying to fly out of LaGuardia.  Driving would have been easier and safer.   

As for what will solve the airlines employee problems, somehow I doubt the kinds of skills they need are all that abundant among the majority of those who for various reasons are choosing not to work right now.   

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops - I agree with you regarding Spirit Airlines. They are called a "budget airline" for a reason. Never reliable, usually late on arrival/departure.

This morning I read they have canceled more than a dozen flights out of our local airport. And, I'm bet there will more to come. People have been stranded at the airport since Sunday - not good.

Esteemed Contributor

About 5 or 6 weeks ago, I went to Wal-Mart and wanted to grab a bag of candy for my candy dish at work.  The candy aisle was at least 3/4 empty.  I went back last week and it was even worse.  I thought maybe the candy manufacturers had slowed down or halted production of regular candy to concentrate on Halloween candy but just don't know.  I don't have much trouble finding it at other box stores.  It's probably just that particular Wal-Mart because, IMHO, they have poor management of that entire store.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I was at Costco last night and they had Bounty, tons of paper plates, orange juice etc. Don't know about coffee cups. They also had tons of Lysol and wipes I overheard one of the floor guys say they were expecting a big shipment this morning. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any shortages yet, but I got some paper towels and toilet paper this morning in case the shortages return. I was down to one roll of TP and two rolls of paper towels so I grabbed more while I was out. I've got twelve more rolls of each now so I'm set for the foreseeable future.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Our store shelves remain sparse. I bought hand sanitizer at the beginning of summer only to realize yesterday that they had an expiration date of June 2021! I never thought to check expiration dates on hand sanitizer. We've always had so much to choose from at the grocery store, it seems strange for that not to be any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

No shortages here (yet.)  Everything is Bountiful and in Abundance.  Could be a good time to stock up.

And while there are surely some legitimate supply chain issues, it seems that it is becoming an all-purpose excuse for some poor management. 

Esteemed Contributor

Went to both Costco & Walmart this week and shelves had plenty of stock. Hope they stay that way.

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

About 5 or 6 weeks ago, I went to Wal-Mart and wanted to grab a bag of candy for my candy dish at work.  The candy aisle was at least 3/4 empty.  I went back last week and it was even worse.  I thought maybe the candy manufacturers had slowed down or halted production of regular candy to concentrate on Halloween candy but just don't know.  I don't have much trouble finding it at other box stores.  It's probably just that particular Wal-Mart because, IMHO, they have poor management of that entire store.

@shoptilyadropagain  My Walmart is having the same issues. The past 3 weeks our candy isle is pretty much empty. I went yesterday and still the same thing.