Super Contributor

I jsut wanted to pass along a warning for those who might want to purchase from this company.  They have beautiful pieces.  But the customer service is horrid.  I received a cabinet that had a damaged front door--splintered wood.  Their response to me was completely inadequate.  i guess I have been spoiled by QVC level of attention to the customer.  I know I have appreciated the feedback from others about shopping at various places so I thought I'd pass along my experience with Sundance Catalog.  Georgeous items..and as long as there is no problem with an order you'll be all set.  But their customer serivce is horrid.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the clothing is stellar.  If you read the reviews, consistently you will read that customers are dissatisfied with the cost of return policy to the degree that many say they will no longer shop at Sundance.  I've been reading these for years and nothing has changed.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered before - excellent quality, but prices very steep!

Trusted Contributor

Love love love their clothing and jewelry.  CS is not very good at all.  Ordered a ring and it was chipped.  I sent it back and they sent another ring and the stone was cracked.  They tried to tell me it was the character of the stone. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Sundance Catalog

[ Edited ]

I’ve ordered jewelry, shoes, and clothing from Sundance before. The jewelry pieces looked nothing like the photos. In person, they were much smaller, lighter in scale and of average-only quality. Sundance jewelry designs are unique, but QVC exceeds them when it comes to materials, quality, and price. A fine piece of jewelry from QVC can cost about the same or only slightly more than a costume piece from Sundance.

Clothing and shoes were better, but the same items could be found elsewhere for less. Only rarely do they mention a brand for that reason. The catalogs are lovely and quite enticing, but from my experience, they seem to invest more money in attractive advertising than in quality merchandise. Returns are expensive and discounts are rare except for their better customers, who receive offers through the mail. I know this because I have a family member who is one of those customers. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the added info ladies.  I definitely learned the hard way.  I was told that I could pay extra to have someone come to the house and repair the cabinet.  Let's see--pay full price , get a damaged product, then pay more to have it repaired.  Their catalogs will go directly to the recycle bin from now on!

Honored Contributor

I have received only 2 of their catalogs.  One about a month ago, and the most recent was last week.  I have found them to be expensive, and very little I would want to purchase.  

Last week alone, I received about 6 different catalogs.  Have spent this evening watching the Cardinals' game and going through the catalogs.  The catalogs are getting the pitch when I'm finished with them.

Honored Contributor

I have found their stuff doesn't look as good once you get it home.  Their leather goods are outrageously priced for the quality.

Honored Contributor

They do have beautiful things and I always loved looking but never bought from it.  Finally stopped coming.  Robert Redford sold the Sundance Co. catalog a few years ago so maybe that is why the cust. ser. is not good. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

They do have beautiful things and I always loved looking but never bought from it.  Finally stopped coming.  Robert Redford sold the Sundance Co. catalog a few years ago so maybe that is why the cust. ser. is not good. 

Their quality went down under new ownership imho.