Respected Contributor

I went outside with my dog to go check the mailbox and got ambushed.  Idid not see a bee or wasp but I truly got stung under the eye next to my lashes and on top of my eyelid. OUCH  Nowthat side of my nose is running like a faucet.I have just taken a Benadryl and put some iceon it andboy does it hurt! How is your day?

Honored Contributor

Wow.  Scary.  Just make sure the stinger isn't still in.  

Honored Contributor

That's terrible.  I hope it doesn't get too swollen. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Summer Stings

[ Edited ]

Oh no. Smiley Sad  Heart hugs to you.  

Honored Contributor

Ouch that's awful. Hope you feel better soon. Never been stung by a bee.

DH keeps getting mosquito bites. I guess he's allergic to them. He ends up with red infected looking places from the bites. They also itch like crazy.  They don't bother me. He's also allergic to bee stings.

One of our dogs once got stung by something on her poor nose. She was having problems breathing. The Vet said give her Benadryl.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you should go to Urgent Care for an allergy shot.Many years ago I got a mosquito bite on my eyelid & the next morning it was swollen shut.I ended up in the ER.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.Try some ice for the swelling.

Esteemed Contributor

I know how it is.  I traipse around in the woods and meadow every day and I think I have every imaginable type of sting or bite somewhere, along with a good dose of chiggers and poison ivy.

I love this time of the year, though.  Makes me feel like a kid again.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I know how it is.  I traipse around in the woods and meadow every day and I think I have every imaginable type of sting or bite somewhere, along with a good dose of chiggers and poison ivy.

I love this time of the year, though.  Makes me feel like a kid again.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

DH had bites all over from Chiggers. I had never heard of them. He removed some old shrubs. Guess the shrubs or soil was full of chiggers. At first we did not know what caused it. I searched online & came across chiggers. He asked the pharmacist & they sold him a jar of Chiggerex.

He seems to have really bad reaction to all these different critter bites.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz , my DH always gets chiggers and they really irritate him.  I am going to look into this "Chiggerex" stuff you mention.  He won't take anything stronger than aspirin for joint pain but he has a closet full of lotions, creams, and ointments for minor irritations.

He has a nice Q-tip stash also.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Nightowlz , my DH always gets chiggers and they really irritate him.  I am going to look into this "Chiggerex" stuff you mention.  He won't take anything stronger than aspirin for joint pain but he has a closet full of lotions, creams, and ointments for minor irritations.

He has a nice Q-tip stash also.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

You will have to ask the pharmacist for it. He has bought it twice & both times it was behind the counter. I don't know why?

Image result for chiggerex